Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How interested would you all be in a new auction site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love one, but as was stated, you have to be able to advertise it on the scale of Ebay, pointing out Ebay's many flaws in a coherent and convincing manner without sounding like a crybaby (and not letting Ebay turn it around on you as being a crybaby or banned account, etc).

You'd also need a separate online payment house like PayPal used to be.

Then there's the whole Feedback system - everyone starts off at 0, so who knows who's reputable?

It would take years to get it anywhere near reputable and competing with Ebay, who would only entice others away from your smaller site by blowing megabucks on an aggressive ad campaign, sending out patsies to your site ("bought item, never received, sent item but got hit with chargeback, buyer flaked, no seller/buyer protection", shillers, etc etc) to bring it down.

There are other alternatives - www.guitarauction.com, www.ubid.com, Yahoo, etc, but of those only Yahoo offers any real competition for Ebay. However, if Google or Microsloth get into the act, then Ebay might face some competition, but since those in the business speak the business, you'd end up with a ton of money changing hands to make a few people rich and a lot of people miserable.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If Google sets up an auction site, any item you post through their Chrome browser becomes theirs. It's a scam, I tell ya!
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

Buy on ebay

sell on craigslist

know your local market

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I knew I could always count on you Joe.
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Odd are against another site taking off as there are already a bunch out there, but the odds aren't 100% so I say go for it. Ya never know......

Matt

Comment

Working...
            X