No announcement yet.

Where to start with Nevermore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah..Bro. Unfortuanately..there is more people stuck in the 90's than the fuggin' 80's. Prolly because they can't play or write for shit..

We need not worry about them. We do our thing..and fuggums. I think that's a good thing. I was gettin' on my game during the grunge movement. I'm sure you were too. We don't care about trends.

Hey, get "Dead heart in a dead world". I'm listening to it as we speak..there is not a single dull moment on it! Then get This goldless endeavor..If I had to pick a "fave", hard as that is..that would be it.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I never got into them, until I heard This Godless Endeavour.. Just killer all the way through, like the others have said
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
        I never got into them, until I heard This Godless Endeavour.. Just killer all the way through, like the others have said
        Its great! Dude, do you have DHIADW yet..you gotta!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Its great! Dude, do you have DHIADW yet..you gotta!
          Dude, I have yet to comment on this thread, because you pretty much summed everything up haha.

I think start with TGE and then DHIADW.

We might as well be Loomis's PR agent dude, we talk about him enough.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
            Dude, I have yet to comment on this thread, because you pretty much summed everything up haha.

I think start with TGE and then DHIADW.

We might as well be Loomis's PR agent dude, we talk about him enough.
            You got that right bro..and it ceratinly shows in our playing/writing doesn't it? You are insane for two years experience..just like Jeff was. But if you really want to improve your playing in no time..listen to some Slipknot. Ooops..I'm sorry, I forgot that you were too young to be a wigger a few years back.

Kid Rock..Limp Bizkit..Korn ...Slipknot are true metal...

NOT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              Original mix:

Remastered:
              I've got the original, and it sounds fine to me. Maybe I'll one day pick up the remastered version.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have yet picked up the remastered. They were so pissed off about the mix when I talked to them at the BW & BK show..it was just released. I assumed they would be happy having a new cd out..not the case. especially Van Williams.

Y'know what blows. The remastered their first as well w/ bonus material. Godammit..I hate when bands do that. When I already have it. I'll find it used eventually..I'll grab it then.

Comment

Yeah, I remember them being pissed about it, but I don't see what's wrong with it anyway. I know they remastered and reissued the first one, and I think they also did the same for Politics and In Memory.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

10 year cycle for the labels, shit gets remastered and repackaged. Standard process unless your on roadrunner and they rerelease the same album three times instead of letting the band get on with it. They know we only buy the packaging since we downloaded the shit 8 friggin' months ago anyway

Hail Yesterday!!

Comment

I don't have much to contribute to this thread other than to say, Nevermore has carved their own unique niche in metal. NO ONE sounds like Nevermore.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
                        I don't have much to contribute to this thread other than to say, Nevermore has carved their own unique niche in metal. NO ONE sounds like Nevermore.
                        That's how I feel about Dragonforce. No one sounds like them. Still, a lot of people hate them haha.

Sorry for the offtopic, I don't want this to turn into another Dragonforce thread.

Gotta pick me up a copy of DHIADW!
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

This Godless Endeavor is a FANTASTIC album. Dreaming Neon Black and Politics of Ecstasy are awesome as well. \m/
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I started with TGE and absolutely fell in love with the band. I then got the rest of their discography, and I'd recommend, TGE, DHIADW, and DNB.

Comment

Working...
                            X