Sites to see in East Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sites to see in East Germany

I'm leaving for Dresden, Germany next week and I was hoping someone would chime in and mention some must see sites (other then the bier haus). Should be there for two months, so that should give me a lot of time to site see.

Maybe try the beer house?

Roctoberfest dude!

Comment

DDR arms factory.

Not sure if its still open or if they closed it when the wall fell. I always wanted to see it.

BTW Germany has been reunified for a while now. No need to refer to it as East or West.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        DDR arms factory.

Not sure if its still open or if they closed it when the wall fell. I always wanted to see it.

BTW Germany has been reunified for a while now. No need to refer to it as East or West.
        Perhaps he means the eastern part of Germany. though most people would probably say "Eastern Germany".
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I would like to see Das Aufernsteinen der Ich Schlaff Bluugen. It is the most beautiful structure in all of Europe.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Never been in the old East Germany, but cities I'd like to see are Berlin and Dresden. Plus go up and see the Nordsee a.k.a. Baltic Sea.

If you find time, a trip down to Bavaria is definitely worth it. Maybe a trip down der Romantischestrasse too. So many neat little medieval towns.

Oh and you'll be there during Oktoberfest, so going to Munich is a must if you like beer.
              Last edited by Spivonious; 08-28-2008, 07:05 AM.
              Scott

Comment

"Hi, my name is De'Bra C. and I'm quite a site, uhm sight"
                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                X