Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got a webcam, skype, and somethin to say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
    Skype is a privacy/security issue....and its chattier on a network (even when idle) than a couple of 16 year old girls jacked up on meth. But I'll keep that to myself.

I've got a lot to share, and I'm definitely in.

I'll be as cool to interview as Chris Crocker.

Please leave the JCF alone.

I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Sully, you might also want to look at www.stickam.com - they have the whole free webcam live-chat thing. It's not bad. You can do text with video or audio/video chat at-will, and it has a recording feature. It runs on Flash, so just about anyone can use it as long as you've got a camera.

It can also use an external audio/video source if you only have a video camera and not a webcam.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Skype is a privacy/security issue....and its chattier on a network (even when idle) than a couple of 16 year old girls jacked up on meth. But I'll keep that to myself.
        it's a little late for that, don'tcha think? if any of you guys have ichat, that'd be way easier for me, but i think that'd only work for a handful of members here.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ooooh. You use a Mac... aren't you in a special club of people that pay to much money for proprietary hardware, and a dumbed down Unix based OS!??

Just givin ya crap :P

Seriously, we probably need a more uhm-- "universal" piece of software.
          Lets all figure this out. I'll do some research at work tommorow.

Comment

Ooooh. You use a Mac... aren't you in a special club of people that pay to much money for proprietary hardware, and a dumbed down Unix based OS!??
            well, in the 4 years that i've been a member of the "special club," i haven't had to deal with spyware/adware/viruses (or software that prevents them), i haven't had to deal with any computer software/hardware issues whatsoever, and i also get to pay less for new operating systems when they're released. as far as them being overpriced, i can't say i've experienced that; i bought my first one used for $500, and i saved $300 on my macbook pro. i'd say i got my money's worth. i guess by your logic, why should you pay for a jackson when you can get a squier for $99?

Seriously, we probably need a more uhm-- "universal" piece of software.
            Lets all figure this out. I'll do some research at work tommorow.
            this is what i'm using. if anyone would like to participate, i'm available. please shoot me a pm with your availability.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, as with any non Windows OS, you don't get spyware/viruses/adware etc...etc..

As for OS... open source OS's are free.... you could save the money and upgrade your machine, or buy a Squier...

all I'm saying is they are way overpriced new, and when it comes to hardware be prepared to dish out the $$$ if you are out of warranty.

..I wasted some money on an apple cert or two. I had a Mac Mini- loved it.
              They make good stuff, but in guitar logic its like spending 8k on a Gibson custom shop with only a few spec changes.

I was only joking, bottom line. I would like to participate. You mentioned something more universal at first, now mac only?

I must have hit a nerve, my apologies.

Comment

no, not mac only at all; skype's video chat works out okay.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cool. Alright. I'll try to get my stuff setup by this weekend. I'll shoot ya a pm.

Comment

If he doesn't, I'm sure a co-worker will.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Hahahaha.

That actually did make me laugh.

Get back to work.

Comment

Working...
                      X