X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donf View Post
    Great show.

My 2 favorite are;

1 - the one where the guy (librarian or something) is the only one left on earth and he has all these books and he's in his glory, only to step on his eyeglasses, then he can't see shit.
    Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
    That is one the most memorable to me as well. The horrible twist of fate at the end kills me.
    "Time Enough At Last" - also with Burgess Meredith, and also one of my faves! I've always been into books, and the character also reminds me so much of my uncle (retired bookseller), his house & garage look just like the last scene ha ha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Enough_at_Last

Edit - Don, he was a bank teller
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The original Twilight Zone was awesome. I sometimes watch the reruns on the Sci-Fi Channel late at night.
      I've seen a couple of the newer ones with Forest Whitaker, but it's just not the same.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        "Time Enough At Last" - also with Burgess Meredith, and also one of my faves! I've always been into books, and the character also reminds me so much of my uncle (retired bookseller), his house & garage look just like the last scene ha ha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Enough_at_Last

Edit - Don, he was a bank teller
        Ah.....thats right. Thats a great pic. I didn't know Burgess was ever that young........:ROTF::ROTF:
        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          The original Twilight Zone was awesome. I sometimes watch the reruns on the Sci-Fi Channel late at night.
          I've seen a couple of the newer ones with Forest Whitaker, but it's just not the same.

I liked some of the newer ones, in particular, one where a piss artist gets cured of his alcoholism by drinking some booze with this thing in it that grows inside him. Kinda like that scene in Poltergeist 2. I swear I think of that every time I glug the worm in some Mezcal.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Of the newer ones I can remember seeing, one was with Jessica Simpson as a babysitter where she gets turned into a doll, and another one with Usher playing a cop and protecting some chick from her dead pimp. I thought they were just okay. Maybe I'll have to watch some more newer episodes.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Big fan of the series, I always DVR a good portion of the series whenever they have a marathon on Scifi.
              An episode of a similar show really scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. It was an episode of "Tales From the Darkside". Some girl is taking a train home, and the train ends up being purgatory or something crazy like that. There's several other passengers, an old woman, older man who has an endless supply of whatever food you want, and young kid who keeps ending up in different costumes. Every time they go through a tunnel, everyone turns into corpses. It was pretty out there.
              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                Some girl is taking a train home, and the train ends up being purgatory or something crazy like that. There's several other passengers, an old woman, older man who has an endless supply of whatever food you want, and young kid who keeps ending up in different costumes. Every time they go through a tunnel, everyone turns into corpses. It was pretty out there.
                Sounds like a pretty standard journey on British Fucking Rail, or whatever they call themselves these days.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

The one where the woman is cooking in the kitchen and hears a noise upstairs. She ends up fighting with tiny aliens. Turns out the "aliens" are from the USAF and SHE is a giant.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                    The one where the woman is cooking in the kitchen and hears a noise upstairs. She ends up fighting with tiny aliens. Turns out the "aliens" are from the USAF and SHE is a giant.
                    And the moral of that story is :

Don't make Magic Mushroom soup and "just try a little drop" to see if it is any good. (Make Mushroom wine, and get properly frazzled).

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                    X