The Twilight Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Twilight Zone

This show is so awesome, I have loved it for years, Serling, the excellent writing, the famous actors before thay hit it big, and best of all, the "twist" at the end!

I started this thread because "To Serve Man" just started! One of my co-workers kinda looks like the Kanamit, hahahaha.

Warning: spoilers in below link (do not click if you haven't seen the ep)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serv..._Twilight_Zone)

What are your fave TZ moments? (original show only)
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Oh.."To serve man. Yes, that when they fool us to go to their planet so they could eat us. He's holding a "cook book" there. By the time we figure out that book..its too late.

I like the two William Shatner ones. The classic where he's on a plane.."There's ..somethingonthewingoftheplane..some..thing!!!" His timing is sooooo fucked up..its great...kinda like Walken!

Then there's the one where he's with his woman at the old diner. That devil fortune telling machine. Again he's freakin' out because he can't leave the diner until 3:00 or some shit..She talk him in to leaving, and they almost get hit by a car.

The one thing that scraed the shit outta me wasn't the TZ. It was an episode of The Outer Limits called "the Zanti Misfits" (sp). There was a rocket ship crash and these fuggin' bugs with these weird human-like faces invaded us. I saw it again about 10 years ago..and it was stupid as hell. I only seen it once as a kid and I always remebered that one.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like the one where the old bloke goes fishing and wakes up with his dog by the river. He walks off and comes to a gate, and a geezer tells him he'd drowned, he'd reached Heaven, he could walk right on in. Alas, his faithful hound, which had drowned with him wasn't allowed in. The bloke tells this farmer dude at the gate to suck his balls, and walks away.......

I'm not going to spoil it, but it's a good one, and it made me cry!

Edit: Found it on an Episode Guide, he wasn't fishing, but meh. It was Episode 84, Season 3 "The Hunt".
      Last edited by Rsmacker; 08-21-2008, 04:17 AM.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

And "Printers Devil" with Burgess Meredith as the devil who saves a small newspaper by reporting salacious stories. Excellent.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Great show.

My 2 favorite are;

1 - the one where the guy (librarian or something) is the only one left on earth and he has all these books and he's in his glory, only to step on his eyeglasses, then he can't see shit.

2 - Darren (from Bewitched), flips a coin into the newspaper boys basket and it stands on end. For the rest of the day he can hear what people think.
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

i remember the outer limits! Leonard nimoy was in a couple and mark hammil. Ah My misspent pre-teen years...

Comment

The one with the ventriloquist dummy that was alive scared the shit out of me when I was young...
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Oh, the one with Kojak and the talking doll that hates him because he abuses the little girl. Thats a good one. " I'm Talky Tina and I dont like you".

Comment

The Twilight Zone is one of the best shows ever. I don't currently get reruns, which is a travesty. Maybe I'll download them all.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Ron - You work with a guy with a head that big?

Interestingly enough, Rod Serling hated the very idea of television, yet the Twilight Zone was one of the biggest motivators for it. I used to work for a book distributor (Penguin Books) and we had the whole Rod Serling/Twilight Zone story. He absolutely hated TV.

Speaking of the one with Shatner and the thing on the plane, that episode was remade for the Movie from the 1980s (the one where Vic Morrow died).

Can't say I've got a favorite episode. Burgess Meridith with the books, the guy with the stopwatch that freezes time, the soldiers in the tank that end up at Custer's Last Stand. There's just so much to love
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Excellent series. When I watch the marathons on Sci-Fi, I STILL find episodes I haven't seen.

I don't really have a favorite, one that comes to mind though is the alien in the cafe. Guy with 3 eyes, the 3rd is hidden by his hat.

Comment

Loved watching TZ and Night Gallery reruns as a kid.

Comment

"The Howling Man" is another good episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Howling_Man

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
                              Great show.

My 2 favorite are;

1 - the one where the guy (librarian or something) is the only one left on earth and he has all these books and he's in his glory, only to step on his eyeglasses, then he can't see
                              That is one the most memorable to me as well. The horrible twist of fate at the end kills me.

Comment

Working...
                              X