No announcement yet.

its been a slow day....entertain me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear .... I hope you have stocked up on water. Sounds strange, but around here when there is flooding, sometimes the water system can get contaminated and you end up having to boil the water.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      That may be.

So come on Europeans, what do you say? Dike or Levee?
      'Dijk' (---> 'Dyke'--->'Dike')
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
        Good to hear .... I hope you have stocked up on water. Sounds strange, but around here when there is flooding, sometimes the water system can get contaminated and you end up having to boil the water.
        Yep. Des Moines went through this in 1993. We didn't have water for 2-3 weeks. We were able to fill the tub so we had some water to flush the toilet with. You never think about how important water is until you have to do without.

I remember collecting rain water to wash my hair. I also stood outside in my bathing suit and showered in the rain on my front lawn. I also went down and stood in a line of 100 men to take a shower in a YMCA in a bordering town that had water. The things you'll do for a shower.

All the major brewerys stopped making beer and bottled water. I still have a 6 pack of Anheuser Busch water around here somewhere.

My buddy was more lucky. He got a bottle of Jack Daniels water. Same logo, just said water instead of Bourbon or Whiskey or whatever it is.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

"hold on Scott, the S.C. Power Squadron is coming to save ya"
          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

So come on Europeans, what do you say? Dike or Levee?
            Lmao, I thought we were talking about lesbians.

But yeah, what GoR said.
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
              'Dijk' (---> 'Dyke'--->'Dike')
              Interestingly, it's 'dige' in Danish. I spent half a year in the Netherlands some years ago working at Philips Research Labs. I could actually read the Dutch news paper (well, almost). It's quite amazing how many words are similar.

Comment

"looter control"
                "POOP"

Comment

I feel for you Bengal.
                  Here's what water did to my "not town maintained" road/driveway last year at this time:

It was a "special" time in my life.

Hope you make it through unscathed my brother!
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

It's amazing what the power of water will do. I'm curious, since the road is not "town" maintained, what would happen if there was an emergency such as fire?
                    "POOP"

Comment

They came in about 10 minutes when my kid decided to jump out of his bedroom window a few years ago.
                      Unharmed, when we ask him what he was thinking, he said "I don't like the stairs"
                      He's gonna be the death of me.
                      Windows all screwed shut now.
                      He actually had to kick the screen out of the way.
                      Only about a 10 foot drop, but still.
                      LOL
                      Anyhow, it's all volunteer fire up here, and everyone and their brother has a 4X4 with a red light on top, and the trucks can go anywhere.
                      I maintain the road such that it doesn't beat my wifes Suburban up, or my Lexus.
                      The spikeydawg needs a big comfy car.
                      My solution to the price of gas?
                      Company credit card.
                      LOL
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Well, one of the levees failed in Zone 1. Not too far from my house but I'm in no danger. 3:30am it broke and there are quite a few houses filling up with water. I feel for those guys.

Think I'll go sandbag for a while.

Mark,
                        Top of your game, as usual! Thanks for the smile.

spike,
                        Your kid didn't like the stairs? Man, he might be the death of you. I have a few years before mine turn into teenagers and start doing crap like that.
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

We'll send our expert, Mayor Ray Nagin, to offer his expertise on levee failures.
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                            Look at a list of Judas Priest songs... Then remember Rob Halford is gay and re-read them.

You wont be disappointed.
                            "Pork my chocolate starfish, big boy" - Previously unreleased demo version (rejected because Rob Halford utters the word "Poo" half way through, so CBS pulled it from their other concept LP, "Barrymore")
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I thought it was called 'Swimming pool, sausage fest'? With the single called, 'Why is he turning blue'.
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

We were supposed to have a race up on the river at Quincy this Friday but it was cancelled due to the imminent floods. Good luck to y'all over there

Comment

Working...
                                X