USPS shipping times lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS shipping times lately

have been amazing!! has anyone observed? I have been buying a few items lately (yeah, its that GAS attack ) and I must say I'm getting them from across the country within a couple of days. Neither fedex or UPSucks can do that.

I got a guitar with case (heavy) shipped from ohio to san jose, which I received in 2 business days! The seller (on ebay) even scanned and sent the receipt for me and the cost was $47. It was shipped on tuesday and thursday afternoon, the postman had left a note that he missed me. Similarly a pedal that was shipped from michigan on saturday afternoon reached me on Monday. Is that amazing or what. Lately they have been increasing prices, but if this is the service in return, I dont care.
    Sam

OUCH! $47? For that it better be there in 2 days.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

USPS Priority Mail has always been my shipping method of choice.
      It's tracked (not real time, but close enough), it can be insured and doesn't get molested in the process.
      -Rick

Comment

There is one thing I hate about USPS. Their tracking sucks.... And for $50 it better get there in 2 days. Fedex typically delivers a guitar for me in 3-4 days for $20 to $25 with real-time tracking.

Comment

What? a mini guitar? with no case??
          It's 40 bucks at least for a guitar with case and insurance ect. UPS Ground and FedEx is more expensive than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
            What? a mini guitar? with no case??
            It's 40 bucks at least for a guitar with case and insurance ect. UPS Ground and FedEx is more expensive than that.
            Maybe in your area it is, being from the west coast and all. I'm lucky and am located in the middle. Fed Ex costs me no more than $25 to ship to either LA or New York. That's a guitar in a normal box that weights about 25lbs. I've never shipped a guitar that has cost $40.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Guitar plus case.... I just shipped one that was 29lbs in one of those huge universal Gator cases that will hold a Kelly, Warlock, Warrior exct. Crappy pic but I put the guitar in it after I received the case and took a quick pic just to verify the dude sent me the right case for his guitar. Price was $29 with $2000 insurance shipped from Texas to Virginia. Of course I took my time before I shipped it and arranged those little foam pads where it fit the body snug and wouldn’t allow the guitar to move around.

Comment

it all depends in how many zones are crossed. being on the upper corner of the left coast im screwed most of the time.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

i guess so, most of the time on my ebay auctions i end up forking out some of my own money for shipping, one time it cost $68, and i only charged $40 for shipping,...hosed. That was just 3-6 days ground too..

Comment

Working...
                  X