X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you are ok. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
      Driving from Rochester, NY to Ithaca, NY... we just leave a small town called Ovid, NY... as we are driving southbound there is a Semi driving northbound as we are even with the the Semi an asshole decides to pass the Semi and enters our lane. I braced for a head on collision and wished for the best... however the person driving veered over onto the shoulder to avoid impact which we kind of did but the other car hit the driver sides rear and which made the car rear end kick out and face on coming traffic, the car had AWD and it corrected and we ended up hitting a bankment in front of somebodies house... the car wouldn't stop on the wet grass.. we just continued sliding across the grass and we ending up missing a 6' deep ditch and ended up going hitting a fence with wooden post. As we were going towards the wooden pools I braced myself for the airbag deployment .... which didn't happen.. Fucked up the rental car we had and we waited for 4 hours before they dropped another one off..

I will post they pictures later on when I get them. It's not a lot of damage but it was awful close... The car was doing at least 55 and we were doing about the same.

Ok, waitaminnit.

You're passing an oncoming vehicle. That vehicle is to your left, facing you. The third vehicle enters your lane then continues to the far side of the road, which is your right, correct?

How did he hit your left side?

Or did you swerve into the rear of the trailer to avoid the oncoming car?

Or do folks in NY drive English-style?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"however the person driving veered over onto the shoulder to avoid impact which we kind of did but the other car hit the driver sides rear and which made the car rear end kick out and face on coming traffic"
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Ok, waitaminnit.

You're passing an oncoming vehicle. That vehicle is to your left, facing you. The third vehicle enters your lane then continues to the far side of the road, which is your right, correct?

How did he hit your left side?

Or did you swerve into the rear of the trailer to avoid the oncoming car?

Or do folks in NY drive English-style?
          I didn't swerve.. I wasn't driving I was passenger. We were going Southbound.. a Semi was going Northbound as we are even with the semi a car came out from behind the semi into our lane.. .so that car was traveling northbound in the southbound lane. The person driving the vehicle I was in veered off to his right onto the shoulder TO AVOID GETTING HIT.. the person DRIVING NORTHBOUND IN THE SOUTHBOUND LANE hit the car I was passenger in. Impact was left hand rear quarter panel.
          "however the person driving veered over onto the shoulder to avoid impact which we kind of did but the other car hit the driver sides rear and which made the car rear end kick out and face on coming traffic"
          the Car had AWD and it corrected itself and we continued to go to the right..
          Last edited by JetFixxxer; 05-19-2008, 10:52 PM.
          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Ah! I was confused too. I think Newc and I assumed that you were the one driving, so when you said "however the person driving veered...", we figured you were referring to the other car.

Comment

Yikes! glad everyone's ok there!

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                Ah! I was confused too. I think Newc and I assumed that you were the one driving, so when you said "however the person driving veered...", we figured you were referring to the other car.
                Yeah.
                Perhaps you should spend a little time on your writing and composition skills so your information is presented in a readily-understandable fashion.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Perhaps you should spend a little time on your writing and composition skills so your information is presented in a readily-understandable fashion.
                  :ROTF: Newc, man. You are too funny.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X