Hey all - little update on me and the trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all - little update on me and the trial

Hey all - did ya miss me? I know I haven't been around much - got this promotion that's been keeping me busy - love the new money and the job, but sometimes I wish there was more free time.

So for those interested - the trial finally starts next week. Jury selection begins Monday May 12. They expect the trial to take around four weeks. They are trying him for the 4 sexual assault cases and the stalking case all together. I don't know yet when I'll actually have to be there to testify, but at least it's getting closer to being done. And for what it's worth - he's still sitting in solitary - he's been there about 1 year and 10 months so far.

It's interesting - the Pantagraph (local paper where the trial is taking place) did a big spread about it all today on their website - including getting quotes from his teenage daughter.

Good, it's nice to see that they are finally making way towards a conclusion with all of that.

Comment

I hope that justice will get served. Such filthy people should know that they just can't get away with it. I hope to hear good news.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Good luck at the trial. At the very least you can say he spent almost 2 years in jail.

Comment

Who was he stalking, you? Thats some scary stuff.
          "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

I'm glad to hear this is finally going forward. I look forward to hearing that he got a lengthy prison sentence, the bastard!

So they quoted his daughter, eh? I'm sure she tried to protray him in a positive light - she is his daughter. But I hope the papers aren't going to fall for that.

Nail him to the wall, he more than deserves it!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yes, glad to see it's moving forward. Hopefully, this slime bucket will get his due! Thanks for the update. You are in my prayer's as always!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                Yes, glad to see it's moving forward. Hopefully, this slime bucket will get his due! Thanks for the update. You are in my prayer's as always!
                +1 Hope he gets what he deserves.

Comment

Thanks all. I'm definitely looking forward to the end of the trial - at the very least I get to know that he's spent 2 years in solitary no matter what. I'm really suprised at the amount of stuff the Pantagraph put in a week before the trial but it's definitely big news there (http://www.pantagraph.com/pelo/ - the main section about the whole case). There definitely seems to be belief that he used his resources as a police sergeant to get information about each of us. And apparently some of the websites and pictures found on his computer were quite disturbing.

Jacksonchick - Although they do believe he stalked me, I am one of the 4 sexual assault victims. The fifth woman's stalking case was included because they believe he was planning to attack her as well and may have been attempting that night but she heard a noise at her window and called police.

Comment

Wow, this has taken a hell of a long time to get to trial. I sincerely hope he gets a long sentence and gets his ass kicked in jail many times.
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Could someone fill me in on the back story here? Or point me to the original thread?
                      Scott

Comment

Damn! I can't believe this crap is still going on. Good luck with everything, Kristi. I hope that scumbag rots.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          Could someone fill me in on the back story here? Or point me to the original thread?
                          There have been a few threads over the last couples years - but the brief version is that a little over 5 years ago I was attacked at gunpoint in my home. About 2 years ago, a guy who also happened to be a sergeant on the police force was arrested in a suspected stalking and attempted breaking and entering case - he was found outside the woman's home claiming he was looking for homes for his mother in law - it was like 12:30 in the morning and the house was not for sale or rent. About a month later, he was arrested and charged for 4 sexual assault cases - one of which was mine.

He has been sitting in solitary confinement since the July of 06 arrest - for his own protection. He has been through 3 different attorneys. He resigned from the police force this past fall after making 18 years on the force - he was on paid leave since the arrest in June of 06 - mostly for the victims benefit - if they had fired him or placed him on unpaid leave, we could have been forced to testify at a disciplinary hearing so rather than make us testify at that and the criminal trial they left him on paid leave.

The link (http://www.pantagraph.com/pelo/) actually shows some of the background - timelines, some court documents, etc of the case against him. Monday they finally begin jury selection. The expectation is that the trial will take a least 4 weeks.

Comment

Best of luck.. I hope he gets what is coming to him !

Comment

I hope he gets vivisected.

Comment

Working...
                              X