Anyone keep a saltwater fish tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone keep a saltwater fish tank?

I started up my first saltwater fish tank about nine months ago and so far so good. I have a couple of percula clowns (nemo) a yellow tailed damsel, some hermit crabs, and a coral banded shrimp. I also have four different anenomes in there and just added some corals for the first time today.

One of the clowns is "attacking" an anenome by biting it and chewing it's tentacles. Research has led to the idea that she's doing this because she's about to lay her eggs....biting the anenome causes it to collapse in. Then she'll lay her eggs around it. When the anenome opens again, the eggs will be covered and protected. Cool stuff!

Just wondering if anyone else keeps a tank. I'll throw up some pictures later. If you have one, how about posting some pics?
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

it's too expensive and too much like hard work.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I'm a 54-gal freshwater tank keeper myself. A bit less work than saltwater perhaps, but still a lot of dagum work.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post

I thought the same thing...but it really hasn't been that much more work than a freshwater tank. Mostly just making sure the salt levels remain constant a few times a week.

The cost thing however....
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
          +1 and less money for gear

I had a friend that went through every hobby under the sun, and this was one of them. He doesn't do it any more.

Comment

Working...
          X