Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gta Iv

anyone pick up Grand Theft Auto 4?

I grabed one today during lunch. Had a hell of a time finding one due to being sold out. One of the highest rated games ever and may break the Halo sales record due to the multi platform. Any opinons so far?

Going to wait till the kids go to bed and crack it open.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

I am very curious to hear what people think about it. I have a PS2 and have been putting off getting a 360 or PS3. If anything will make me step up to a new platform this is it.

Comment

Yup...got it...playing it..... just a little slow at first....then it picks up pretty good.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Yeah I agree with Lou, put in a little time, then your sucked in.

Comment

<sigh> I don't have a console. I was really looking forward to this release, having played both San Andreas and Vice City. Hm, buying a console means longer time until I can buy a new guitar....

Comment

Haven't gotten it yet but I've been watching other people play it on a video chat site. Looks nice, and there's tons of environmental detail.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'll be getting it. I've always liked the GTA series. I'll have to be careful though, I think it brings out the worse in me. I'll have Bill chasing after me with his flashing blue light!

I've heard you can drink drive in it as well.
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

That has MADD up in arms. In Vice City you could go into the drug store, pop a pill, then do what ever. Drive, rampage what ever. I have enjoyed all the games in the series and I am sure I will like this one. I have completed San Andreas a number of times and sometimes go back just to drive around starting shit. I would like to hear points of view for both platforms. I am still on the fence as to which one to get once the time comes.

Comment

I got it a few days ago. Yes, you can drink and drive. It's not easy. The controls get all mushy and you can't walk or drive very well. I've done it twice and both times got home OK.

My "girlfriend" is already putting out too, only took 2 dates.

The extras kill me. In your safehouse you can watch TV. So I did that for a while. Some very funny shit on that TV if you take the time to watch it.

Driving is a bit difficult, I don't remember other GTA's being this tricky to drive. But I've been playing Burnout Paradise lately so that might have something to do with it.

The game is very, very dark image wise. Even in broad daylight it's rather dark. Must be the mood they are trying to set. I noticed it was sunnier in the richer areas.

The voice actors have done an excellent job. And the writing is very good too. The story really drags you in. I've been losing at least 3 hours a day since I got it.
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Got it on the way home

Comment

In past games you can go in and adjust the light levels to avoid that darkness. Which platform are you playing on?

Comment

PS3. I'm sure it's exactly how they want it to look. It's dark in the shitty part of town but bright in the nicer area of town. Thats because the richer areas don't have subway tracks overhead everywhere. It's pretty sweet in its design actually, just takes some getting use to.

Comment

Will they ever release this for PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                            Will they ever release this for PC?
                            Don't know. I do know a few dudes that are quite pissed it's not coming out on PS2. Time to upgrade.

Comment

i'm only happy when I'm killing whores...
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X