Anybody familiar with Rist Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody familiar with Rist Guitars?

I have a guy interested in a swap for one of mine........my Explorer for the Rist Soloist. There's a pic of one in the gallery on the website-

http://www.ristguitars.com/

I have never heard of them, but they look pretty cool-

How could a guy this happy build and play a shitty guitar?
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

unless you have one of the crappy 83 - 90 Explorers I'd tell the guy to get lost.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Hey, that's EVH's long lost brother!
        "POOP"

Comment

Link doesn't work for me.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Their website seems to be down...

Comment

He had a store back in the day, across from where Guitar Center is in hollywood CA, he worked with Max baranet one of the guys who made the slash 59 burst replica. He made guitars for alot of the famous guitarists of the 80's. later on i believe he moved to hollywood blvd and then out of los angeles. There is alot more info on his guitars on mylespaul forums where he post regularly if you want more info.
              Last edited by JakeErayvaugh; 02-21-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

5 year old thread. The OPs deal probably happened (or didnt) already.

Comment

Still, the newb is offering extra info about the luthier in question.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ha ha!! that is funny!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Still, the newb is offering extra info about the luthier in question.
                      Yes, thats cool. I was just posting in case he didnt realize it and was expecting an answer from the op.

Comment

That Roman Rist guy is pretty good at putting his name on very obvious knock-offs. Maybe he should get a job with ESP. They'd pay better.

Comment

His advertising campaign could be based around something like :

"Money tight? Crap guitar? Want that vintage Gibson?"
                          (Poor musician sitting in gutter looks up in tears and nods slowly as passing dog cocks its leg and pisses on him)

"Well, don't despair! We'll knock one out for you!!!!"
                          (Alarm klaxon sounds, muso looks a little uneasy, looks as if he's about to run away)

"Yes, that's right, you can have 'One off the Rist' and be just like your favourite guitar hero!"
                          (Fwapping noises in background, screen filled with picture of Brian Fucking May)

"No, not that wanker, I mean this kind of Rist Job"
                          (Cut to shot of really happy bloke who looks like EVH's long lost brother. Guitarist is running away from hordes of screaming chicks who want to suck his dick)

Fucking hell, Saatchi & Saatchi will be on the phone to me any minute now, I'm an advertising exec in the making.
                          Um, that'll be £25k please. Cash.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                            That Roman Rist guy is pretty good at putting his name on very obvious knock-offs. Maybe he should get a job with ESP. They'd pay better.
                            Hmm, Ed Roman, Roman Rist, both making copies of varying quality and putting their own name on it. Thats a hell of a coincidence.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Yeah I thought the extra info might help someone down the road, sorry if that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X