Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guitar Workshop -Master Classes

You ever see the ads for these classes?

Well, 2 years ago I gave my nephew (13) his first guitar - an 80's Kramer strat-style with a floyd - last summer he called me and really wanted to go to a NGW class so I coughed up the dough and we attended a NGW Master Class over the summer in CT. Even though I have a degree in music and I've been playing over 30 years, I still got some good stuff out of this 4 hour class.

Joe Satriani was the headliner and I've come to the conclusion the man really does know his stuff. The way he verbalizes the theory and structure breakdown and the modal exercise stuff was fantastic.

After the class he did the signing thing and then I got to hang backstage during teardown and discovered he's a regular guy- no ego at all.
    He listened to some Strat God music on my ipod and gave me a favorable review too. What a liar! I never thought I'd be backstage with the Satchmiester, but there we were - my nephew was floored - will never be the same.

Anyway, if you have ever thought about attending the National Guitar Workshop classes, they have lots of star headliner players and it's well worth it. Some hardcore guys were there all week, but I got bills to pay so I was only there the one day for Satriani, but it was a blast.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1
Working...
X