Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spreading some Holiday Cheer - How About You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreading some Holiday Cheer - How About You?

My wife and I usually try to do some holiday charity gifts around this time of year. You know - the usual stuff, Toys for Tots, etc. Well, my wife calls me at work this AM and tells me about her employer's "gift tree" effort this year. A local charity has their kids sign an ornament with a gift request, and they hang them on a tree for employees to take the ornament and fullfill the kids' wishes.

My wife goes on to tell me she just saw one that "pulled her heart strings". A poor 9 yr old boy from my hometown asked for a guitar for Christmas. I just ordered the kid a new Kramer Pacer guitar, amp, tuner, cable & picks. And I'm feeling pretty f'n good about it.

I'm not looking for a pat on the back here. Just hoping to start a thread were others can post their own holiday cheer efforts. Come on guys, tell us what good you've done and spread the holiday spirit! Every little bit makes a big difference.

The week before Thanksgiving we filled the back of the mini-van top to bottom with food and brought it to a local charity. The day after Thanksgiving we filled it up again with toys. The day after that we went through to stuff in our basement that still wasn't fully unpacked from our move 2 years ago - just about everything that was in good condition went to another donation center. I think we probably have one more load left.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's what I'm talking about, Tim!

Comment

We did that here at work too Shreddermon. I take part in it and every other toy drive, food drive whenever I can. I wish more people with the financial means to contribute would....kids in need are my weakpoint and always have., getting sad just thinking about it

Both Tim and Shreddermon are good people in my book
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah its a good time to go help others out, a friend of mine called me last Wed. his hot water heater was out and he tried to fix it but couldn't do much physically, He and his wife are disabled and having a hard time of it right now. long story, made short, i spent the better part of a day replacing the elements and cleaning about a foot of silt out of the tank, and repairing some fried wiring. for no charge. made it much better for their family thanksgiving day
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Everyone in my family pitches in and fills two huge containers full of food and toys and my Dad and I deliver it to the homeless shelter in his town.Last year was my son's first year to help out and I think it really opened his eyes a little wider about how giving back to the community is a great thing and that others that aren't as fortunate as he is still deserve their dignity............
            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

We are doing all the Toys for Tots and motorcycle Toy Runs here in Dallas.

Comment

Here at my work, we do a big 30 hour campout every year to raise cash/toys for the Lincoln Action Program. I always hit the Toys R Us on my way over and load up a bunch of toys and bring them by when it's my turn to be at the tent.

But that guitar story....man, that is cool Pat!! That kid is gonna be so stokified!!!

Comment

Pat got the wrong card. I wrote down Charvel, something must have fukked up in a big way.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy, 9 yrs old? I thought you were more like 14?

Comment

"Santa's Dead" is strung across the front of my house...

That's the extent of my holiday cheer.

Comment

Working...
                      X