Ebay Novice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Novice

Since I have no real experience with ebay I thought I should ask the pros. My wife wants to buy something for my daughter on ebay. The problem is the item is in the UK. So this just adds to my questions. How does it work with the currency exchange rate, cost of shipping from the UK and so on? I'm not a complete maroon with this but the item coming from the UK just leaves me with a lot of questions. I've limited my wife to a dollar amount the I can deal with when the whole deal goes south so it's not life or death but.......
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

You are much better off buying in the U.S., IMO, as shipping from the U.K. to Maryland will be a huge amount of money. What is the item in question? Are you sure that you can't find one anywhere in the U.S. before resorting to overseas?

Comment

Just send US dollars via Paypal or whatever. They have to worry about converting it. And they win. Watch out for the shipping cost. Figure, at a minimum, $25. That being said, I have never bought something from over there because of the shipping expense. Remember, a pound is like $1.90 US.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

If you're buying overseas, expect 2-3 week delivery time. Other than that, watch for shipping charges. It's pretty simple and no different than buying something domestically, except the currency exchange rates and wait time.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

shipping charges will obviously be greater than domestic, but they won't necessarily be prohibitively expensive. It depends on the size & weight of the object.

I've bought clothes, books, cds, videos from US sellers on ebay. I always contact the seller to determine shipping beforehand, and then I'll make a decision as to how much I'm prepared to bid, factoring in the exchange rate & shipping.

For example, I picked up a tab book on ebay a few years ago. The seller provided me the shipping costs, and because I was using ebay.com.au, the site automatically did the currency conversion for me. Having set my limit, I bid my maximum.

In the end, I got the book for just under AU$30. That's total, shipping included. Pretty good for something that I'd not been able to find here in Oz, and much nicer than the $45-50 it would've cost new.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
          X