No announcement yet.

The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race, google Paleo. It's an eating discipline that is often referred to "tha caveman diet". I learned about it when I joined Crossfit. You basically eat veggies and meats, and nothing else. No dieting, etc, you need to continuously eat to lose weight. If you starve yourself, you are telling your body to store fat, because it thinks it will need it later.

You need to eat lean foods all day long. NEVER allow yourself to be hungry, or you are going backwards.

And try to find some kind of cardio activity that you can do regularly. If you aren't burning some extra calories and building muscle, you have a long hard road ahead of you.

I'm jumping around the board here, but if you want some help, PM me, and I will give you as much advice as possible. I'm no expert, but I've learned alot about nutrition and excercise over the last year.

Comment

• Im getting back on the thin my fat ass out wagon too. With the injuries I got lax and used it as an excuse. Not time for that now. Im into running elliptical and a few of the other trainers as they arent as bad on my hammered up knees. Too many years of living invincibly caught up with my body and every thing is broken or hurts lol.

Started even boing that guy joggin with the kids in the fuckin stroller....reminds me I need a fanny pack to complete that look.

Anyway the paleo thing sounds interesting. Would be easier if I was still hunting.

229 here 6' No blood pressure or diabeetus issues luckily

I am pretty active for a big dude, even with the shoulders I still played soccer and such since I didnt really need em lol.
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

• good movie but one day of juicing made me sick as a dog for three or four days. i mean violently felt like i was going to die barfing up bile sick. try it though, you probably won't have the same reaction.

i'm 5'6", used to be 260, now i'm 190 and stable there for years. what worked for me. drink a lot of water, not diet drinks, just water. reduce portions (doesn't need to be a drastic reduction), don't eat after 6pm. meats, fish, veggies, eggs cut out the simple sugars and other simple carbs. complex carbs, aka. vegetables are OK. don't believe the hype that you can eat as much as you want as long as it's non carb. the biggest thing is simply changing your eating habits. only eat when you're hungry, if you just ate then drink water, don't eat outside the eating window, that sort of thing. you'll get over the hump pretty quickly.
        i do cheat sometimes but in general i'm careful about what i eat. due to a torn meniscus and cannot do any serious full body exercise without extreme pain. i don't take any supplements other than fish oil.
        check out http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ for a lot of good recipes and diet tips. mark's book was a good read too. definitely worth the 6.99 if you've got a kindle.
        if you want to do a real willpower testing fat burning diet, read up on the velocity diet. a tough 30 days but worth it.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

• Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
          You basically eat veggies and meats, and nothing else. No dieting, etc, you need to continuously eat to lose weight.
          Same difference as the Atkins diet. I think we are all saying the same thing - kill the carbs and sugars.

Comment

• Straya cunt!
            USA Jackson RR1
            Charvel Model 6
            Jackson Performer-2
            Orange Dark Terror
            EVH 5150 LBX
            Hello Senòr

Comment

• Thats waht drives me batshit I mainly drink water no sodas and when its not water its usually tea plain no sugars. I am not a huge carb eater either i just have shit metabolism. My freggin wife has had 2 kids eats wahtever the fuck she wants and weighs 114 lol. Kick in the ass is she does less workout and shit than I do and shes in the military.
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

• Oh man, do I need to update this thread!

Here's a pic of me when I was 350 lbs or so

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Ron, Your wear 350 well, and that's a Dinky you're holding. They should make extra large Dinkys for full figured Volks like us.

But I'm down to 205 steady now. I was 265 at 5'8". But I'm top heavy. Size 50/52 jacket and 38 waiste, but they're getting loose again. I ONLY wear black Levi 505s for 30 years. I stocked up on them in the late 90's. They didn't sell normal pants in the late 90's..you had to look like a Juggalo or some shit. I have a bunch of new ones and didn't want to graduate to a 40". Honest Indian!

I gained 10 lbs back (Val's baking), and lost it again. I want to stay at 200/205lb. I never liked being under 200. Nothing lower than 190 for sure. Nothing over 220.

How are you doing these days. I hope you're doing well my freind.

Bill Z
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X