What to do in Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do in Vegas?

Going to Vegas in February to get married and want to do something besides the normal gambling and "the strip" type of shows.

Anyone know of some good places to go besides Ed Romans?

Give me some suggestions. I like to go off the beaten path. Make it Metal related and we're tight! \m/

If there's anyone playing at the Joint (Hard Rock) that's a great atmosphere to see a show. Saw Motley there in 2005 and it was awesome.

Comment

Go outside the City limits?

Comment

Last time I was in vegas, it was doing a 100 mile bike ride

While I don't necessarilly suggest that you do something crazy like I did, it's definitely worth checking out the surrounding areas! We biked East to Lake Mead, and then west to Red Rock Canyon, and it was some of the most awesome scenery ever! Very highly recommended for sight-seeing.

-a

Comment

Lake mead is pretty cool, and not far either!
          I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels View Post
            Last time I was in vegas, it was doing a 100 mile bike ride

While I don't necessarilly suggest that you do something crazy like I did, it's definitely worth checking out the surrounding areas! We biked East to Lake Mead, and then west to Red Rock Canyon, and it was some of the most awesome scenery ever! Very highly recommended for sight-seeing.

-a
            I'm tired just looking at the picture.

It's also against Federal Law for me to wear spandex.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
              I'm tired just looking at the picture.

It's also against Federal Law for me to wear spandex.
              You know, I generally prefer my leather jacket, but that jacket alone weighs more than my bike and entire cycling kit combined, including helmet and shoes!

-a

Comment

If i was lucky enough to visit Vegas(and i will do so as soon as those bastards will give me the visa) , i would visit places were Jenna Jameson lived and where she danced as a stripper and so on . Damn me and my girlfriend love her. Just wrote a song about her yesterday. i have read all about Jennas life and i just like her , she is like friend with whom i have never met(yet

Comment

Well there are plenty of "metal" things to do in Vegas (music, bars, hookers, strippers, tattoos, etc.). I've done a lot of that stuff and it's all good.

But when you've had your fill of that stuff, if you're a nerd like me, I also recommend a really cool museum in Vegas called "The Atomic Testing Museum". It's definitely not metal but it is interesting. If you like the History or Discovery channel, you'll dig it. http://www.atomictestingmuseum.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                    Well there are plenty of "metal" things to do in Vegas (music, bars, hookers, strippers, tattoos, etc.). I've done a lot of that stuff and it's all good.

But when you've had your fill of that stuff, if you're a nerd like me, I also recommend a really cool museum in Vegas called "The Atomic Testing Museum". It's definitely not metal but it is interesting. If you like the History or Discovery channel, you'll dig it. http://www.atomictestingmuseum.org/
                    that's cool, I'm gonna check that out. I drove by there when I was last there and figured it might be cool. I go to Vegas regularly for work.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Why do people wear clothes like that when cycle?Do they think it looks cool or do they think we think they are olympic pedal pushers in training?
                      These dolts ride on the narrow 2 lane country roads 3 abreast won't get over give you the finger when you pass, ride in the wrong lane in curves and wonder why they get their ass run over.The ones I come in contact with are Sunday morning joy riders from the very very upscale neighborhood next to mine. I find them very obnoxious.HoWheels you seem OK in my book you cycle out in the middle of nowhere.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Why do people wear clothes like that when cycle?Do they think it looks cool or do they think we think they are olympic pedal pushers in training?
                        These dolts ride on the narrow 2 lane country roads 3 abreast won't get over give you the finger when you pass, ride in the wrong lane in curves and wonder why they get their ass run over.The ones I come in contact with are Sunday morning joy riders from the very very upscale neighborhood next to mine. I find them very obnoxious.HoWheels you seem OK in my book you cycle out in the middle of nowhere.
                        People wear clothing like that because for long distance cycling it is the most comfortable, lightest, and lowest wind-resistance thing you can wear. If you're riding 100 miles wearing regular shorts and a t-shirt, you're going to be hurting a lot by the end.

Sounds like you have an attitude problem regarding cyclists.
                        http://www.sharetheroadsafely.org/

-a

Comment

We should start a new thread to talk about cycling clothes because it could get long depending on how much the cyclists here want to chime in.

I used to race mountain bikes (and still ride a fair amount), and I can tell you that cycling clothes ARE functional/helpful for even moderately serious riders.

Are the clothes somewhat gay? Yes, no question about it, but I wear them anyway because they do what they're supposed to (padding, keep me warm, etc.). Now unlike the road riders, I choose to ride mountain bikes in the woods, so the only people that see me in my clothes are other riders, deer, and wild turkeys.

Comment

I went there a couple years ago for a convention. I'm not into the drink/gamble/strip club thing. Two things we did that I liked were we saw the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton, and took an 8 hour plane/bus tour of the Grand Canyon.

The Star Trek thing is cool if you are a fan. We took the tour, then ate at "Quarks Bar". It's funny, they have a guy that is about 6'6" tall dressed as a Klingon that roams the bar harassing the patrons.

The Grand Canyon tour is well worth the $160/person. We flew in a small prop plane over Hoover Dam & the AF Base. Then we flew to the canyon. We hopped on a bus and toured the south rim. They fed us lunch at a nice bistro. It was the best part of the trip.
                            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                            X