Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super funny and super lame at the same time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super funny and super lame at the same time.

Today a friend of mine told me about this video game called Guitar Hero, I've never heard of that before because I don't give a rat's ass about video and computer games.

So we went on youtube and typed....Guitar Hero
    there were tons of videos how people play that game....it looked pretty stupid to me, you fuck with that plastic fake guitar and try to hit the notes...well whatever.

The best part was when I started reading those comments on youtube.

"ahha you suck, I'm way bettha than you"

"you need to practice hammer-on's"

"it is so easy to play that song, I played it right the first time"

"Queen rules" when Black Sabbath was playing

"I'm so good at playing this song, but the musicianship on this song sucks " about Megadeth's Symphony Of Destruction...I think

"It is harder to play Guitar Hero than a real guitar"

"This song is really easy to play, what's the song's title by the way?" about Sabbath's Iron Man

"ahha, what a nerd, he can't play this song right"

"he sucks because he used a pick"

"this game helps you improve on a real guitar"

"real guitar is easy to play, this game needs good timing and reaction"

"this game roxx"

etc.etc.etc.etc.

I laughed my ass off, a lot of people really are fucking morons
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

It's pathetic, and goes with a lot of video games. I feel embarassed for the guys I work with that get into all the sports games, and tournaments of those games. "Yo, I could destroy you in Madden 2057 and Tiger Woods golf on Mars". Who fucking cares, can you pick up a real football, baseball etc and do anything? No. This guitar hero thing is becoming almost as stupid as that dance game.
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
      Who fucking cares, can you pick up a real football, baseball etc and do anything?
      What if I told you I could hand you your arse on the halfcourt, or on NBA Live 06?

Some of us were playing computer games AND real sports back in school.

Although I agree that most of those comments (and most of the comments on most videos on YouTube) are lame.

but are they any lamer than getting all worked up over the immature rantings of a group of prepubescent strangers, especially considering that you don't play the game and have no interest in playing it?
      Last edited by VitaminG; 11-16-2006, 06:12 PM.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

You have to remember 90% of the comments you're seeing on youtube are likely from 12-15 year olds.

Guitar Hero is a lot of fun. You should head to your local electronics store and give it a try

-a

Comment

Its really hard to resist reading comments for any videos on Youtube, but It usually turns into totally immature flaming. I love the ones where people start bashing really skilled players like Loomis, Petrucci etc. I just wanna reach thru the monitor and strangle them while telling them to post a video of their playing. I try to ignore such people if they cant back up their talk or have something constructive to say, but alas these things do annoy me.

Too many haters just getting off on getting a reaction out of others while hiding behind the safety of their computer. heh can you tell I dont have much faith in people/society

I know if I didnt have videogames around I'd probaby be a much better guitar player , cuz I'd be practicing more without their distraction.

The comments about it being harder then playing a real guitar really make me laugh, What have they been playing? Simple Plan, Linkin Park, Limp Biscuit?

On a funny note I have had a few friends try and talk me into trying/buying Guitar Hero and my response is " Why would I want to play a fake plastic guitar when I can play any number of real ones in my Apartment."
          Last edited by Mikernaut2; 11-16-2006, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            but are they any lamer than getting all worked up over the immature rantings of a group of prepubescent strangers, especially considering that you don't play the game and have no interest in playing it?
            well, I'm the last person who's getting worked up becaue of bullshit like this, it's just a good humour for me, that's all
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i've never been a vidiot until i started posting on guitar boards. I always opted for a skateboard cruise instead.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
              X