No announcement yet.

Ever been in this situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got that shit out of my system when I was a kid. Used to compose computer/synth-based music. Now I can't stand it.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I actually understand. I ddin't head the same direction as you. I start delving into a lot of Delerium, Norah Jones, Crystal Method, Celtic and contemporary stuff from time to time. It just keeps me from bashing everyone in my office over their heads with a shovel and provides me with a bit of balance. I always come back to my roots though. I dont know though, the club thing never EVER bit me at all. But what ever blows your whistle I guess.

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
        Once I strap it on and plug it in, it doesn't take long to find myself again.

Comment

Yes. I have been bored with metal/rock.. When that's the case I'll listen to some classical music, but sometimes that doesn't work either.
          So I find myself listening to a lot of pop music, in particular Delta Goodrem and Aya Ueto. When you listen to slower pop music, it's all the more fun when you hear the screaming guitars again
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I was heavily into electronic music last year. I was also a DJ and played in private parties.

Jesus, you couldn't imagine how much I got laid. And 99,9% of the chicks in those parties were all A class hotties.

I got bored of rock'n'roll like you Ward.

But suddenly I got bored of electronical music and missed playing loud guitars and shit.

Now I'm all about rock'n'roll again.

Every person has certain "periods" when they need a change or something.

But I've always been a fan of a lot of different music and into experimenting. I don't care if it's classical, blues, jazz, pop, rap, rock, electo or metal, If it's good then it's good and I like to mix all those things together.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The title tells it all "ever" been in this situation?

What I get from that title is, you're asking if there is someone who did what you're doing and turned back to "normal" (this normal is your normal which equals not listening to shitty music ) You also feel you should turn to "normal" I guess

Just stop listening techno music, listen some kick-ass metal albums! I can suggest Mastodon's Blood Mountain, definitely something original
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Nope..Just CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA..Meedley Meedley Meeeeeee...METAL!!!!

There is way too many styles of good metal..when I get tired of one ..I just go to another for a while..and no matter what syle I prefer, there is mucho shredding in all..so.

shred 'till I'm dead..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hehehe,

Rich, you were not far off the bat! I love clubbing and I love clubchicks. No X for me though, don't need that crap, I can go all night without that stuff.

Endrik, you're right too, DJ'ing and clubbing in general gets you more pussy than anything else.

I know it's normal for people to go through phases, in that sense I kind of worded it wrong I guess, this is not really a phase, I've always listened to everything or any type of music and loved most of it, but lately it's the electronic side of the spectrum that's just getting the most attention, which is far from a bad thing if you ask me.

What I meant with 'open-minded' is, uuuhm, let's give an example: you are far more likely to hear live instruments, guitars and whatnot in a techno/electronic song than it is to hear electronic kind of stuff in 'rock' music.

It's all good though. Just listened to some Marco Bailey and up next is some Anthrax!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

"Guitar" to me was always MY escape.

No matter what kind of day I had at work, at school, or with my girl..my guitar and metal was ALWAYS there for me..

Metal is my best friend.

There is a few things in this world that could a smile on my face..listening to metal..shooting my goo.., driving really fast ..or getting fucked up!!

Doing all that at the same time is awesome..it happened to me once!!

I need to do that more often, in fact that exactly how I want to die..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X