Latest Project: Crop Circles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project: Crop Circles

My take on a crop circle design....Quite a bit different from the Roswell inlay design. Three color design on Pau Ferro. 25.5 in.scale. I tried to use natural colors that compliment the color & grain pattern of the wood. It would look good on a RR or Roswell body done in a natural or tobacco burst quilt top. The 2 close up pics are from a scanner.

Beam me up Scotty....

Next project: Red mirror iron cross inlays on maple.
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

That's awesome. I love it!

Comment

Nice. Great work. And I love pao ferro.

Comment

I'll say it. Yours is way more cool than theirs. Very nice. You always floor me with your talent.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Another cool design Doug.
          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Doug, out of all your inlay designs, the crop cirlces are my favorite! Awesome, dude, just awesome.

Alvin
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

holy sh!t!!! I love those!! Props to you man...those are amazing!

Comment

Looks cool as usual. Can't wait to see those iron crosses though. Would really like to see the red mirror on ebony!!
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

what the damn!!

DUDE!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
                    Can't wait to see those iron crosses though. Would really like to see the red mirror on ebony!!
                    I epoxy'd them in this morning...It's on maple though. I'm saving the ebony boards I have in stock for custom orders. I may do a silver or gold mirror iron cross on ebony later. Gold mirror would look great with gold hardware.

I have to do another bullet hole on maple for the J/C CS to check out. I'd love to see it on something like the "wart hogg" warrior from a few years ago. I'm doing some custom work on a Soloist for the Jackson booth at the NAMM show this year. I can't give out details on it though....I will say, it's gonna be cool.
                    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Looks good Doug!

Comment

Fucking Sweet.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Wow, Congrats Doug on the Jackson Gig. Your work speaks for itself and I LOVE the bullet holes. I cant wait to see what kind of innovations are coming in the future!

Comment

Looks awesome Doug! Man, you amaze me dude.
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Holy smokin', Doug!!!
                              You are my hero! You have such amazing talent, I love to see all the new things you're working on. Awesome!
                              Crop circles are my favorite inlay, they are the uberness in coolness.

Cheers,
                              Em

Comment

Working...
                              X