Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry I've been gone... NEW DUDE TRACKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I've been gone... NEW DUDE TRACKS!!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around. I'm not having a hissy fit this time, promise. I just don't have internet at my new place and I'm working full time plus the band is getting time consuming between trying to get the music we recorded out and overcoming other shit that falls in the road.

Personally I'm doing really well, I've got a decent paying steady job now that lets me tour whenever I want to. I even have fun at work! And best of all I have a date with the most beautiful woman in the world in just one month(I'm flying to Seattle to take her to dinner, she's that awesome). And I get to play a lot of guitar now that I'm finally not couch surfing anymore. I always had a guitar with me, but nobody wants to sit and listen to you play for four hours at a time. I was living with my singer in a garage for a few months. It was actually pretty cool. We drank too much, and of course she was more tolerant than other girls I stayed with about me playing guitar for hours. I always get the "your the greatest guitar player ever" compliment, followed in 5 minutes by "Hey, I'm trying to watch this movie" or "why are you ignoring me?"

Now I have my own place where I can smoke pot and shred away for hours any time of day or night. My playing has picked back up to where it was, I was sliding a bit, or at least plateaued some, from only really getting to practice with the band. Now I am getting faster and tighter on the old stuff and writing new stuff that's even crazier. Intricate three-string tapping patterns, and my new bass player is a shred guitar teacher, so even though the chemistry is a bit weird, he can tap right up the neck with me in malevolent harmony and play cool counter-melodys as opposed to just riding the 5th low in the mix. And Alex is getting better all the time. I was scared I was going to lose him to Cattle Decapitation for awhile, but he decided to stick with us.

Our last tour went really well, the crowds were bigger and we made about three times as much money. No BAD shows, only 1 or 2 lukewarm shows, and night after night of slammingcrowdedmoshingbeerslammingpotsmoking maddness!! Lots of partying, lots of friends, lots of debauchery, I love my band...

We've got new tracks that we recorded months ago but just mixed. They are available on our MySpace page HERE.

Never heard your music before, but I actually thought that was pretty fucking cool MAYHEM! Your bass player sounds wicked as hell too! What guitar do you use on the tracks? Judging by the pics your an SG-man?
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Glad all is well,Ace.I wondered what had happened,had'nt seen you post in a while........................
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

The guitar recorded was mostly the SG doubled in some parts with a guitar that I made.

Comment

Working...
        X