Rep points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep points

On another forum there is this system called Rep points when a user is very helpful or does something funny, other users can give them rep points then. I think it would be a pretty neat function here.

What do you guys think?

It would become a nightmare.
    Every forum I've been on that has those, removes the feature after a couple of months.
    It becomes a political thing.
    -Rick

Comment

Has it? The one on the forum I frequent works quite well.

Comment

I'd win
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

+1 for Ron. 10 more for 20K

Comment

Fuck that. I don't need no popularity contest. I always lose!
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

we had it a few years ago, remember? we had the whole "star rating" thing; that became a bad idea fast!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah there is a reason why we have it turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  we had it a few years ago, remember? we had the whole "star rating" thing; that became a bad idea fast!
                  I thought we had stars for thread quality? Or was the stars when people kept posting and their stars would go up.

Comment

You got your answer, kid....from the top!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The Star rating sucked. Or let me put it this way: WE couldn't handle it! Kids can't handle stuff like this

But there's still ratings on threads i think... lemme see if i can rate this thread...
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sorted!
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

We turned it off because all the admins were in the negative number ratings!!

Seriously it got out of hand and there were people demanding to know why they got a bad rating and accusations etc etc .. in theory it is a great idea but in the grand scheme people that frequent these forums can't handle it ..

Besides if we turned it on Ron would get demoted lower than the admins would ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                          X