Computer help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help!

All of a sudden, most of the pictures dont show up on web pages, even my photobucket pics, of 20 pics, only 2 show, the rest show empty except for the little red X, but when i click on the X they show on the next page, even on the JCF none of the pics at the top of the main page are not showing up, what can i do to solve this? Help!
    METAL, LIVE IT!

It sounds like it could be that your security internet zone security settings are too high. You using IE or Mozilla? Also, if you have any of those useless internet toolbars; try removing them.

Do you have an anti-virus installed? Windows XP home, or Pro? When did this start?

Later,

Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Either that, or your browser has somehow gotten corrupted.

If you're using WinXP, it will not let you re-install IE. Well, I'm sure if I wanted to waste my time and figure it out, it could be done.

If thats the case, and you've checked your firewall, anti virus, etc....
      Install the full version Mozilla browser. Its faster, more secure, and more cross-compatible than IE. Skinable too.

www.mozilla.org

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
        Install the full version Mozilla browser. Its faster, more secure, and more cross-compatible than IE. Skinable too.
        Load IE7... problem solved.

Mozilla is nice, but it still has compatability issues and it cannot display active content properly.
        If you do want to go the Mozilla route, use Firefox... very light weight compared to the full Mozilla browser.
        -Rick

Comment

If it just happend without changing anything, clear your cashe and temp internet files and run spybot to check for spyware.

Comment

I already installed IE 7, it was doing it before i installed it, we had connectivity issues with our cable highspeed, had to dial up for a week, so me and my sister, fiddled with and reconfigured almost anything we thought might work, it was not the network, because we could still X box live, I finally unchecked all the boxes on the lan settings page, and poof, connected. I've got xp. keep the suggestions coming, i see wayyy to many red x's where nice guitars should be, thank's.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Do you have Emule or another filesharing program running? They're huge resouce hogs and pics won't show sometimes if they're on while you're trying to surf.
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Cleared the temp internet files, it's all good now, thank's guys
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                X