X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who love the Friedman Megadeth Era

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=megadeth+solo

Awesome!

I do, and thanks!! I have lots of Megadeth on my MP3 player that I listen to when I go running. Gets the blood pumping.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I just can't get enough of the way Marty Friedman plays the leads, man. I love it, he is such a unique player even down to the weird ass way he holds his pick.

Comment

He's the reason I play guitar. Damn that dude rules.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

one of my 3 favorite players ever. MF fucking rules!
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by gort View Post
            I just can't get enough of the way Marty Friedman plays the leads, man. I love it, he is such a unique player even down to the weird ass way he holds his pick.
            Gotta agree, he's untouchable!
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

It's funny to see how Dave's solos seem so weak compared to marty's!

Comment

Marty Rocks. I love his phrasing, vibrato and the scales he uses - a unique talent.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by gort View Post
                  It's funny to see how Dave's solos seem so weak compared to marty's!

I can't agree with this one, Dave also has some great solos. He's not as technical as Marty/10 of course but still he can write great solos
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

I'm certainly no expert, but it always sounded to me like Dave has a hard time ending a solo... usually just drags out the last note... kinda meedley-meedley-meedley-meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol

Marty rules, I still want a Kelly.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Dave is the riff king. His solos are not really technically hard but they are aggressive and fit the songs well (e.g so far so good and Rust in peace era)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                        I'm certainly no expert, but it always sounded to me like Dave has a hard time ending a solo... usually just drags out the last note... kinda meedley-meedley-meedley-meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol
                        That's what makes his solos original. Dave says he puts stress on the songs by ending solos like that. For example the ending of the last Holywars solo. You can't put a better ending on that one. The excitement grows to its highest level on that song after the solo ends...
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Very cool! I dig Daves solos too!

Comment

Marty has a funny style, He phrases like Uli Jon Roth (each phrase follows a particular chord, classical music method) and mixes it with some bluesy Frank Marino licks, then his melodies are all Asian (Japanese, Middle-East(Hindu most notably) and occasionally some Chinese stuff) and when he is playing a rhythm guitar he is a punk rocker, Johnny Ramone's chord progressions all the way.

Also he is a Kiss fan and worships Ace Frehley.
                            Last edited by Endrik; 10-02-2006, 10:42 AM.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                            X