Verizon DSL users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon DSL users

For those of you who use this, are you happy with it? I'm thinking of making the move from dial up (crowd silences), and they have a great deal going now for $14.95 a month for a year and then 17.99 after that.

Any thoughts, comments? Do they have a lot of "outages" ?
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

i use the mobile service... never had any problems with them... going on 4 yrs now.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I've been using their dsl for 2 years now without a problem. Never had an outage that I can remember. Plus, I'm on a Mac and they have great Mac support.

Though I'm ticked at the moment. It seems they have great new pricing structures and don't tell their loyal customers about it. I'm paying $30 a month and this is the first I've heard of their reduced rates...grrrr.

Comment

See if the had FIOS in your area, its fiber and you get tons of bandwidth. You can get a package deal to use them for Cable/Satellite TV, local, cell and internet access an dyou can save some coin that way.

I do that with AT&T SBC sans the fiber. If FIOS was avail in my area I'd switch. I've been on DSL forever and have no complaints

See if FIOS is avail in your area. http://www22.verizon.com/content/ConsumerFios
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

FIOS is supposed to be fast as hell, even faster than cable. One of my customers told me Verizon is offering an intro price, I think he said he's paying $20.00 a month for it???
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, you've been very helpful. Interesting about Fios, I may look into that as well-
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

They are running the fiber for FIOS in my neighborhood now and I cant wait. Verizon in going hard and heavy with the fiber. I live in Denton which is not that big of a city (we just surpassed 100,000) and they are hooking it up here. Fios will support phone, TV, and internet through a single connection. I have direct tv and once it runs out I am getting everything switched to FIOS.

Comment

Working...
              X