I f#@$*in hate cancer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I f#@$*in hate cancer thread

As many of you know i try not to get to personal on these boards... brief history behind this... mother in law passed away 12/04 (holiday time) from this disease, her husband "a life long smoker" went to his grave 2/05 in the frame of mind he should've had cancer and not her. he passed from complications from diabetes. fast forward to the present... my mother diagnosed with a cancerous mass in her shoulder. which will require about a 8-10 hour surgery to remove it. so my idea for this thread is too let loose on this disease... unfortunately i'm not the only one having to deal with this situation.

I'll start... cancer is the most cut throat force in this world, i just hope we find an end to this disease in my lifetime. no price is too high.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

agreed.
    My sis had breast cancer and although it's in remission she is constantly afraid.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Me too.

As I/we get older you begin to realize how horrible this is.

Best to all of us who are affected or know someone who is.

J.R.
      Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
      Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

I lost my Dad to cancer........ It's some horrible shit to go through.

Best Regards,

A~
        All hail the 'King'
        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

My dad's side of the family has lost a lot of members to cancer. Grand Dad had colon cancer, uncle had lung cancer to name the closest ones to me. I had some polyps removed in 2002 and had to sweat four days of waiting to find out if they were cancerous. They werent and I am glad, but every five years I have to get rechecked.

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
            cancer is the most cut throat force in this world, i just hope we find an end to this disease in my lifetime. no price is too high
            I agree. It has taken many members of my family. I hate cancer with every ounce of my being.

Sorry for your losses.

Alvin
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Well, think of it this way dk2, at least its operable, and can be removed, even if it is a long surgery. At least there's a chance she'll recover.

Cancer cells are produced every day in everyones body, they are simply cells that become mutated for one reason or another. The body has natural mechanisms to kill these cells and flush them from the body as waste. Things like smoking have (very recently) been clinically proven to interrupt the bodies natural ability to repair and remove mutated cells. Collections of mutated cells form clusters, and can eventually turn into cancer.

Cancer sucks, I lost three grand parents to cancer, the commonality between them; one smoked, and the other two lived around life long smokers, and so far none of those life long smokers have gotten cancer.

Later,

Steve

P.S. Im not a praying person, but I sincerely hope the best for your mother and your family.
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                Well, think of it this way dk2, at least its operable, and can be removed, even if it is a long surgery. At least there's a chance she'll recover.

Cancer cells are produced every day in everyones body, they are simply cells that become mutated for one reason or another. The body has natural mechanisms to kill these cells and flush them from the body as waste. Things like smoking have (very recently) been clinically proven to interrupt the bodies natural ability to repair and remove mutated cells. Collections of mutated cells form clusters, and can eventually turn into cancer.

Cancer sucks, I lost three grand parents to cancer, the commonality between them; one smoked, and the other two lived around life long smokers, and so far none of those life long smokers have gotten cancer.

Later,

Steve

P.S. Im not a praying person, but I sincerely hope the best for your mother and your family.

thanx for the kind words...

my family is one of many families fighting this dreaded disease, I thought a thread to sound off on would be a healthy release for anyone going through this stuggle
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Last year I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Had the tumor removed, and then found out it was malignant. Had a CT-scan and found 7 tumors in my lungs. Went through 4 months of intensive chemotherapy. Really really sucked.

Fast forward to today. I'm alive and still kicking. Just over 1 year of survivorship and counting. Takes 5 years before the say it's in remission, so I'm making the best of it now.

Yeah. Cancer sucks.

This pic was taken at the first show my band played after I finished the chemo.

If you can't read the shirt clearly, it says: "I beat cancer. What have you done with your life?"

Comment

Originally posted by Regor View Post
                    Last year I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Had the tumor removed, and then found out it was malignant. Had a CT-scan and found 7 tumors in my lungs. Went through 4 months of intensive chemotherapy. Really really sucked.

Fast forward to today. I'm alive and still kicking. Just over 1 year of survivorship and counting. Takes 5 years before the say it's in remission, so I'm making the best of it now.

Yeah. Cancer sucks.

This pic was taken at the first show my band played after I finished the chemo.

If you can't read the shirt clearly, it says: "I beat cancer. What have you done with your life?"

wow!

that is kick ass
                    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Both my Grandfathers died from cancer. I sat by one of my Grandfathers as he slowly died in the hospital eventually slipping away. Now my aunt has been fighting breast cancer for years and has been wasted by chemotherapy. It really sucks to see people go through cancer treatment.

Comment

Regor, great survival story! I have made it through Hodgkins(1992) and testicular just a few years ago. I lost one of my boys in the battle but made it through with my life...an easy trade off. Great shirt and congrats to you for kicking it's ass!!!!

Cancer is a prick.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I hate cancer too. My father beat prostate cancer over 10 years ago, and the wife's grandfather died from it around that same time. I'm always paranoid that my old man's gonna get it again (or that his hearts gonna go - he's had 3 bypasses!). My mom had a cancer scare just a year ago. Turned out to be fibrous tissue on her uterus and not cancer.

I think it should have been cured by now. Some forms anyways. Too much money goes into drugs and not a cure, imo.

Nice to hear the success stories. Congrats and stay healthy!
                          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I lost my mother to Breast Cancer in 2000. She was 53 years old. She battled cancer for over 20 years. She was diagnosed with Stomach Cancer when she was 31 and was given a 15% chance of survival. She survived..and then battled Breast Cancer 3 times...the third time it took her.

I also lost my Grandfather to Brain and Lung Cancer in 1996.

Cancer sucks.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                            X