Drums.....and I'm gonna learn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark!
    Those are coool, man. You'll have fun with those!
    Btw, you have the awesomest looking jam room I've ever seen. Well, in pictures! Good times!

Hey you can use handicapped parking now that you're going to be a drummer! Just toss those drumsticks up on your dashboard yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Emthrax View Post
      Mark!
      Those are coool, man. You'll have fun with those!
      Btw, you have the awesomest looking jam room I've ever seen. Well, in pictures! Good times!

Hey you can use handicapped parking now that you're going to be a drummer! Just toss those drumsticks up on your dashboard yeah!
      Handicapped parking! Now see, there's a bonus I didn't even think of!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        I think it is essintal to learn (rudiments, ghost notes, flams, drags, rolls, snare solos etc.)with practice pads if you don't have a real drum kit http://www.remo.com/portal/products/...acticepad.html with electronic kit you don't have dynamics, so you don't know how strongly or weakly you hit, or if your both hands make the same sound. It's cool to play beats and grooves with it though.

Actually, if I'm understanding you correctly, these do have dynamics. I mean, the harder you hit them the louder they get....is that what you're talking about? I can't tell a huge difference in feel between these and the acoustic set (but of course that's just like a novice guitarist not telling the difference between pickups or strings). The only thing I notice is that you have to be more accurate, because the tom heads are a smaller diameter. I can't really see how practice pads would be better for learning than these.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

What happenned whe the bassist locked his keys in the car??????
          It took him a week to get the Drummer out.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

What did the drummer get on his IQ test?????
            DROOL!
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The first electronic kits had little or no touch sensitivity, but they have improved immensely in the past 20 years. Your kit looks great. I would love to have an electronic kit. Looks like a much better way to get a workout than a BowFlex, to me.

Comment

Those are super cool. I'd love to get a kit like that.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                  Actually, if I'm understanding you correctly, these do have dynamics. I mean, the harder you hit them the louder they get....is that what you're talking about? I can't tell a huge difference in feel between these and the acoustic set (but of course that's just like a novice guitarist not telling the difference between pickups or strings). The only thing I notice is that you have to be more accurate, because the tom heads are a smaller diameter. I can't really see how practice pads would be better for learning than these.
                  I guess the technology has changed a bit over the years, but it's still not perfect. I know that everytime I've been playing with electronic drumkit, they didn't worked anymore after I left. I guess I like to beat the shit out of everything that gets in my way . But just try to play with one practice pad, they are cheap. I think you will realise the difference pretty soon, if you practice with it.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                  X