Drums.....and I'm gonna learn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drums.....and I'm gonna learn.

I really want to learn to play drums, but I've just never connected with them for some reason. Now, I have an excuse to learn! I bought this set mainly because the drummer I jam with has had his acoustic set here for several months, and because of the volumes everyone has to play at, it's sometimes "not a good time" for us to jam. Now, we can play any time we want! I'm diggin it! This one is a Roland TD8 set, but with added Pintech cymbals, piccolo snare, and double bass pedal. I like the TD8 module, but I know the newer ones have a lot more sounds. I may upgrade this one later, after I learn to play!

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Congrats man!

You know I am actually a drummer ( a degreed one actually). You'll dig those pintech cymbals, I mean, when you learn how to play.....

Good luck!

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

What do you call the guy who hangs out with a bunch of musicians?

The drummer!!!!

I thought it was funny,no offense intended to the skin pounders out there!!
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

yeah i play drums as well. actually im more of a percussionist than an actual drummer cuz i do percussion in the school band. but i really love those roland v-drums with the mesh pads. awesome set btw.

Comment

Not in my hood you don't.:ROTF: You can hear them a mile away. That's why they made them.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
            Congrats man!

You know I am actually a drummer ( a degreed one actually). You'll dig those pintech cymbals, I mean, when you learn how to play.....

Good luck!

Shawn

wow...you usually don't see the words drummer and degree used in the same sentence very often
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

what do ya call a drummer without a girlfriend?

homeless...
              Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 09-26-2006, 09:20 PM.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Damn bro!! Congrats..can't wait to come up and check em out.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                  Damn bro!! Congrats..can't wait to come up and check em out.
                  C'mon down Sista!

Comment

Sweet! How much do those things go for? I've got an acoustic set, but I really don't play it all that often any more. I think an electronic set like that would get me to play more often.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I paid $2500.00 for this set. After I priced everything separately that seemed like a pretty decent deal to me.

Comment

Cool. Maybe I'll have to sell some other gear and look into them then.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My son Vinny would LOVE to go there and give you some pointers..

He's good!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice set, Mark! My drummer buddy had a set like yours with a TD8 and it's a great sounding module. It can be tweaked to sound better too. Of course he had to have the new V-Drum set with a TD10 (rolleyes) and it's a great kit too. Tweaking the sounds in the module are really the key to set it apart from the typical "wedding ceremonial" sounds the original presets have

My drummer buddy has tinitus. When you put on headphones and play on this kit, be careful bro.
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I think it is essintal to learn (rudiments, ghost notes, flams, drags, rolls, snare solos etc.)with practice pads if you don't have a real drum kit http://www.remo.com/portal/products/...acticepad.html with electronic kit you don't have dynamics, so you don't know how strongly or weakly you hit, or if your both hands make the same sound. It's cool to play beats and grooves with it though.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X