Celtic Frost fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtic Frost fans?

Saw them in Minneapolis last night at First Ave. CRUSHED!!! Saw them 19 years ago, then last night... As far as I know, they haven't been back around here since...(???) They were great!! Didn't really care for all the other 'Halloween costume' bands there, but CF was excellent. They did a meet and greet afterwards too. Pretty cool guys.

(I know, I know... who cares?...)
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

I care!! Great band!!

Comment

To Mega Therion rules! The cherry fairy era killed it for me. I can never look at the evil imp the same again.

Comment

I had a few Celtic Frost cassettes, way back when. Morbid Tales, To Mega Therion, Into The Pandemonium and Emperor's Return. They became waaaay to weird for me after that. Hellhammer was a cool name but that was it.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I have all of them except for their new one..Love the early stuff MT and TMT..

But I put on ITP the other day..and it went right into my get rid of quick box..

what's up with that faggitty moaning....even my kid was lauging his ass off...he moans very gayily through the whole thing..

Ohhhhhh...ahhhhhhh...Ohhhhhhhhhh...I can't listen to that..I mean WTF is that???!!

The others are cool, I'm keeping those..but to hell with the orgasmic moaning..what the hell??!!

Am I alone here on this one..does this creep anyone else out..It's not scary, evil, or mean..it's just disturbingly gay.

Is there moaning on their new one??!!
          Last edited by horns666; 09-25-2006, 11:07 PM. Reason: typos of course..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was sort of a fan of theirs... about 19 years ago. I never got any of their albums, but I listened to a couple of them that friends had. They're actually gonna be on Headbanger's Ball next week.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I was sort of a fan of theirs... about 19 years ago. I never got any of their albums, but I listened to a couple of them that friends had. They're actually gonna be on Headbanger's Ball next week.
              Joe, do you know of the gay moaning that I speak of??

what the hell is that..it's all over "Into The Pandemoaniums"???

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The moaning is Tom G. Warrior being sodomized by Satan!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                  The moaning is Tom G. Warrior being sodomized by Satan!
                  I knew it!!!!

Waite, I'm Satan!!!

Comment

BTW..I have Coroner's EP with Tom G Warrior doing the vocals..that's cool..

Comment

I just got back from seeing them and they fucking destroyed! Played tons of classics and some new ones too. Monotheist is amazing - one of my faves of the year for sure. I was hoping they'd play A Dying God, but they more than made up for it with Dethroned Emperor.

Same set as this show:
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Yah, Monotheist has gotta be one of the heaviest albums ever!!!

And as for the moaning... you just get used to it...
                        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

As you can see from my username, I LOVE CF!!
                          I missed them this year and it would've been my dream show since Goatwhore was opening.
                          Their new album is awesome. Definitely worth checking out. It really has alot of old CF vibe, complete with operatic female vocals and all! I'd have to say that To Mega Therion is one of my top 10 albums of all time. I even loved Into the Pandemonium. "Mesmerized" was such an awesome tune.
                          In fact, I'd venture to say that I'm probably one of the few that actually liked Cold Lake. It wasn't near as bad as everyone let on.

Comment

the new record KILLS!!! i have always liked CF. can't wait to see them in october. saw them way back when with helloween or anthrax....can't remember. all i do remember is that the stage collapsed!!!!

if they play that set list from above i am gonna be HAPPY!!!!!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                              the new record KILLS!!! i have always liked CF. can't wait to see them in october. saw them way back when with helloween or anthrax....can't remember. all i do remember is that the stage collapsed!!!!
                              My first concert ever was in 1987, Anthrax's Among The Living tour... Celtic Frost and Exodus opened.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X