Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom Teeth

Just had mine pulled last week, and my jaw is still partially numb. Doc says its because one of the teeth was real close to a nerve. Yeah, then I find out that it could be permanently numb....

On the upside I quit smoking and lost 8 lbs... Silver lining I guess.

So has anyone else had this done?

Later,

Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Hope you feel better dude.
    Originally posted by UFORocks

So has anyone else had this done?
    Yes, by a NAVY butcher, I mean dentist, back in the early 80's. My face was so black and blue it looked green.:ROTF:
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I had all four done at the same time and did not experienced any numbness. Some discomfort, that was it. Did loose weight although I do not recommend that diet to anyone.

Hope you feel better soon.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I had all mine pulled whn I was 15. The drugs they gave me were pretty cool. The weird thing was the holes left behind where the teeth used to be.

Matt

Comment

Got mine done a year ago at age 21. One of the teeth was really bad it had actually turned so that it was parallel with the jaw instead of being perpendicular. That side of my face looked like a chipmunk's for a few days.

Comment

still got mine. got two "eyeteeth" (fangs) as well. not nice.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by gort
              Got mine done a year ago at age 21. One of the teeth was really bad it had actually turned so that it was parallel with the jaw instead of being perpendicular. That side of my face looked like a chipmunk's for a few days.
              Both of my lower ones were horizontal at the bottom of my jaw.. Figures.
              Guitars:
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                Hope you feel better dude.

Yes, by a NAVY butcher, I mean dentist, back in the early 80's. My face was so black and blue it looked green.:ROTF:
                Ouch... I hear the procedure used to be a lot more "risky" until recent advances in medicine.
                Guitars:
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks
                  Ouch... I hear the procedure used to be a lot more "risky" until recent advances in medicine.
                  Did you see how Tom Hanks took care of his bad tooth in cast away? Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by gort
                    Did you see how Tom Hanks took care of his bad tooth in cast away? Ouch!
                    yeah, the abscess tooth he pulled with an ice skate... Fuck that!
                    Guitars:
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

I have no feeling in the top right side of my head. It's no big deal, you get used to it.

Comment

I just had my 2 upper wisdom teeth and an abcessed lower molar pulled by an oral surgeon Tues. the 19th. twilight anethesia, He had to cut one of the wisdom teeth out, still a little sore, no fun to say the least, 650 bucks, didn't seem out of line at all, those wisdom teeth have been bothering me for years, I'm glad they're gone
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                          I just had my 2 upper wisdom teeth and an abcessed lower molar pulled by an oral surgeon Tues. the 19th. twilight anethesia, He had to cut one of the wisdom teeth out, still a little sore, no fun to say the least, 650 bucks, didn't seem out of line at all, those wisdom teeth have been bothering me for years, I'm glad they're gone
                          Mine never bothered me in the past, but they were pushing on my other teeth and causing gaps. Plus I had a cavity or two that were too far back to be filled, so mine had to come out.

$650 isn't bad for all that work, thats what insurance is for, right? Hope you feel better soon.

Later,

Steve
                          Guitars:
                          Amp:
                          VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                            Mine never bothered me in the past, but they were pushing on my other teeth and causing gaps. Plus I had a cavity or two that were too far back to be filled, so mine had to come out.

$650 isn't bad for all that work, thats what insurance is for, right? Hope you feel better soon.

Later,

Steve
                            Fuckin Blue cross dropped oral surgery coverage from my policy last year, They keep jackin my premium up, and cutting the coverage, A real piss off to say the least
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                              Fuckin Blue cross dropped oral surgery coverage from my policy last year, They keep jackin my premium up, and cutting the coverage, A real piss off to say the least
                              Yeah, that freaking blows. A lot of insurance companies are doing that stuff lately. My insurance paid 80%.
                              Guitars:
                              Amp:
                              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                              X