My back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STLKINGV
    I blew out my L4-L5 disc in 2001.... I had spinal fussion in 2002.....I fukking sucked for sure......

The back is nothing to mess with Bro!!! MRI or Milogram will tell the truth... Be careful of "Witch-Doctors" who will dick you around with cortizone injections.

Best of luck to ya!!!

A~
    Amen A~
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have had real good luck with Chiropractors.

Comment

+1 on chiropractors. i swear by them. but get references. just like MDs, there can be plenty of quacks.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I "strained something" after carrying a huge APC 3U rackmount UPS up some stairs. I was good up until I had to set the UPS down to open a door and then pick it back up while propping the door open with my elbow. My band was in the middle of recording our album, so my back was sore for most of my studio time. Eventually it quit hurting, but every now and then, it bothers me a little bit.

My wife goes to a chiropractor and insists that it's the best thing ever, but I've ignored her suggestions that I try it. It sounds like a "band-aid" fix to me, not a miracle cure.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
            So I am home from work early today because I tried to lift an ampeg head off an 8x10 cab...i guess i did something wrong because pain just shot thru my back and hasnt let up since. I cant even fuckin take a deep breath without my torso hurting...everything is tense and this really sucks. Any idea what I did? Its too late here to go to the dr, so I gotta wait til tomorrow.
            Sorry to hear this bro. I hope you feel better soon. Happened to me once, a long time ago. I was lifting a motorcycle engine out of the back floor of my car.

For you, this happened at work. Why didn't you have someone take you straight to the doctor as soon as it happened. Gotta document these things. I would hate to see you get denied anything because you didn't go straight away.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Go visit Homer Simpsons and his bent trash can. He'll fix you right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone
                I "strained something" after carrying a huge APC 3U rackmount UPS up some stairs. I was good up until I had to set the UPS down to open a door and then pick it back up while propping the door open with my elbow. My band was in the middle of recording our album, so my back was sore for most of my studio time. Eventually it quit hurting, but every now and then, it bothers me a little bit.

My wife goes to a chiropractor and insists that it's the best thing ever, but I've ignored her suggestions that I try it. It sounds like a "band-aid" fix to me, not a miracle cure.
                I've never been to a chiropractor myself, but like you, my wife swears by it. I don't think I would, I'm not that bad.

When I hurt my back 7 years ago, I was playing baseball at third base and a dinky little grounder was hit to me. I bent over to pick it up and I heard something pop. It didn't affect me while I was playing cause I was stretched and warm from playing. The next morning, I had to roll of the bed to get up. The next 6 week s were horrid. My company at the time didn't give any sick days, so I had to drive ny car 35 minutes in pure agony. I must of looked like 'tard driving down the road, seat almost all the way back, biting my lip.

Maybe I should've tried a chiropractor at that time. Hell, I would've tried anything at that time.

Heating pad and rest was the only thing that did it for me. Knock on wood .
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Chiropractors can be great and they can be worthless. I finally found a good one (my bro-in-law) and I get a lot of relief from treatment. I also have a home traction machine that relieves the pain and leg numbness fast. I too kept my MRI films (3 herniated disks), and don't let Anyone operate on you. If you can hold out for a few more years, the surgury will only get better and less intrusive.
                  If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

Turns out that I sprained it...almost a week later and it still hurts. This sucks. At least I can sit in a chair long enough to do this though. They gave me some muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory medicine at the hospital, now I am just wondering how long its gonna take before I feel better...doing little stuff like walking around still hurts a lot, and I cannot even bend over to put my shoes on. Thanks for the well-wishes though, i really do appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                      Turns out that I sprained it...almost a week later and it still hurts. This sucks. At least I can sit in a chair long enough to do this though. They gave me some muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory medicine at the hospital, now I am just wondering how long its gonna take before I feel better...doing little stuff like walking around still hurts a lot, and I cannot even bend over to put my shoes on. Thanks for the well-wishes though, i really do appreciate it!

3-6 weeks. Get one of your gitars out, lay it across your chest and rest.
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Ethan, you should be on leave through Worker's Compensation if this happened at work. The more rest you get the better, and I hope you're not trying to work through this, it will only draw out the whole process. Is GC pressuring you to not go that route?
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ethan get a lawyer and file a BWC claim..if you haven't already..

you need to..there is no if, maybes or buts about it..

You have to man, listen to Rich..

It's alot of bullshit trying to geth them to allow a mediacal condition..but you must be persistant..then they will allow it..believe me.

They pay for all my meds and doctor visists for the last five years..all of it..I pay nothing!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

They havent been hassling me about it at all, I filed for workers comp so that should go thru ok...I just hate not being able to do anything all day, Im the type to get kind of antsy and upset if I feel like Ive let a day waste away. Takes time to heal i guess so this will teach me an important lesson about patience!

Comment

They havent been hassling me about it at all, I filed for workers comp so that should go thru ok...I just hate not being able to do anything all day, Im the type to get kind of antsy and upset if I feel like Ive let a day waste away. Takes time to heal i guess so this will teach me an important lesson about patience!

Dude , your young..you'll bounce back.

Me, I'm done..my condition will only get worse..so fuggit.

bitchin' won't help me..but I bitch..I bitch like a fuggin' bitch..every moment of everday..bitchin' get's me thru!

Comment

I didn't know they had home traction machines...I hurt my back going for the record weight in the leg press in high school. I went to physical therapy, which helped a great deal, and I always miss the traction machine. I checked it out, and it looks like it's 4 grand for the whole unit. I wonder if I'd rather have that or an awesome custom shop...haha.

Best of luck to you, backs are so finnicky, it makes you wonder why we're bipedal.

Cheers,
                                Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X