My back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My back!!!

So I am home from work early today because I tried to lift an ampeg head off an 8x10 cab...i guess i did something wrong because pain just shot thru my back and hasnt let up since. I cant even fuckin take a deep breath without my torso hurting...everything is tense and this really sucks. Any idea what I did? Its too late here to go to the dr, so I gotta wait til tomorrow.

Dude, you need to get that looked at ASAP.

Hope it heals OK soon.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Get real drunk and rest. Just knowing that your back hurts will make you and it more tense. Unless something popped, it sounds like a strain. Give it a little time. You know damn well that they will run all kinds of tests to tell you to take two aspirin and go to bed and rest. Of course, I'm full of shit. And so are they. Sometimes.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Drink some Nyquil (to help you fall asleep) lay flat on your back (not too soft or hard a surface) and try to get as much rest tonight as possible. Go get it checked 1st thing in the AM. Back pain sucks bro.
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Take 800mg of Advil. That's an anti-inflamitory.

Mtt

Comment

Rest up,take the advil,call the MD asap.The back is one of the few things you only have one of,so take care of it.
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Chiropractor. You've pinched a nerve (or two or more) that runs along your spine.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Like everyone's saying.......rest. Its the only thing. All the medicine they gave me when my back 'popped', didn't do squat! Heating pad and rest.
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Dude, just go to the doc and get an X ray..if they find anying serious ..such as a herniated disc..they'll send you to get an MRI..

I know, I been there..and I'm still there..

Good luck, keep us posted.

advil..??..yeesh..

if you have a buldging disc (hopefully not) it's gonna take Soma for muscle spasms , Darvacette or Vicodin to get any relief of pain..TRUST ME!!!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hope everything's ok man. It sounds like a pulled muscle, but if they find that you do have a herniated disc, don't let them go right in there and start cutting. Depending on the severity, there are alternative treatments that don't require a knife. I had a double laminectomy back in 1986 (lumbar L5 & L6), and if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have rushed right into that operating room. Good luck bro.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                      Hope everything's ok man. It sounds like a pulled muscle, but if they find that you do have a herniated disc, don't let them go right in there and start cutting. Depending on the severity, there are alternative treatments that don't require a knife. I had a double laminectomy back in 1986 (lumbar L5 & L6), and if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have rushed right into that operating room. Good luck bro.
                      Exactly..some docs are butchers..they will promise the world and sever your nerve leaving you paralyzed..like my mom.

Stay the fuck away fron Chiropractors, they have NO clue what they're doing and can make you worse..especially if they have no clue of your exact condition..you need an X-ray first..to see if there is a herniation..if so..MRI is next, then go from there..

Take Care,,

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, get well soon Willie.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                          Exactly..some docs are butchers..they will promise the world and sever your nerve leaving you paralyzed..like my mom.

Stay the fuck away fron Chiropractors, they have NO clue what they're doing and can make you worse..especially if they have no clue of your exact condition..you need an X-ray first..to see if there is a herniation..if so..MRI is next, then go from there..

Take Care,,

Bill
                          Ya know, I've never understood why they do the X Ray first. A disc herniation won't show up in an X Ray. They always do the X Ray, then say "well, we can't see anything there, we'll need to do an MRI". Why don't they cut through the bullshit and send you directly to the MRI in the first place? In my case, it was an X Ray, then CT Scan, then the MRI. I'll tell you what they're doing, they're milking a few extra bucks out of you or your insurance company just because they can.

Now about alternative treatments; ever since my operation over 20 years ago, I've still had pain and numbness in my left leg and hip. I accepted it as a way of life, and just got used to it. A couple of years ago I bought an inversion rack, and I've never felt better in my life! I've even heard that some doctors are using them as an alternative treatment these days. Check out all of the avenues bro.
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                            Ya know, I've never understood why they do the X Ray first. A disc herniation won't show up in an X Ray. They always do the X Ray, then say "well, we can't see anything there, we'll need to do an MRI". Why don't they cut through the bullshit and send you directly to the MRI in the first place? In my case, it was an X Ray, then CT Scan, then the MRI. I'll tell you what they're doing, they're milking a few extra bucks out of you or your insurance company just because they can.

Now about alternative treatments; ever since my operation over 20 years ago, I've still had pain and numbness in my left leg and hip. I accepted it as a way of life, and just got used to it. A couple of years ago I bought an inversion rack, and I've never felt better in my life! I've even heard that some doctors are using them as an alternative treatment these days. Check out all of the avenues bro.
                            Wow, that sucks..yes Pain is a way of life for me as well..

I have two herniated discs in my neck from fighting some dick on a plane..

and two herniated discs in my throasic from a zone car accident..

my playing hand is very numb and weak..I lost all function of my pinky..but I play everyday and I just adjusted..somehow how shred better than ever..even tho I can't feel the strings at all.

My doc took an X -RAY right in his office and saw the herniated discs in my neck..he showed them to me..I still have those films..tho not detailed you can stiill see them..

Then I had three MRIs on that same injury..I also have all those films..my doc tells me to keep all the films...never return them..they are yours, you paid for them...makes sense to me..

So I take the films to any doc I see now in c'w with pension, BWC and so forth..

Comment

I blew out my L4-L5 disc in 2001.... I had spinal fussion in 2002.....It fukking sucked for sure......

The back is nothing to mess with Bro!!! MRI or Milogram will tell the truth... Be careful of "Witch-Doctors" who will dick you around with cortizone injections.

Best of luck to ya!!!

A~
                              Last edited by STLKINGV; 09-22-2006, 12:23 PM.
                              All hail the 'King'
                              R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Working...
                              X