Finally bought a new bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally bought a new bike

Not the best time of the year for it but Triumph's model year ends next week and there are some smokin' deals to be had out there at the moment including my current favorite:

I'm not sure I've ever had more fun on a bike. Now to go trolling for sportbikes.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

That thing is pimp as fuck.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

WOW! Looks like a lotta' fun to be had with that machine. Congrats and be safe!

Comment

Looks dangerous.
        I like it.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

what the insurance cost ya?

Comment

$0 it's going on a fleet policy.

But when I was out in California I priced full coverage at about $450/year so it's not so bad even if I had to spring for it.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Nice looker. What are the specs? (I know I could look it up, but I'd rather hear it from you)
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

It's a 2294cc (147 cu. in.) inline 3, 140 HP, 147 ft.lbs. of torque. Dad took one look at it and said, "I bet that thing has a larger displacement per piston than a small car." I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I said, "Yep, and more than your pickup too." It really is quite an amazing bit of machinery.

Comment

It's big alright, but it won't give sportbikes a run, heh heh. You're dreamin' pal

My Busa puts out 162 HP and 111#' torque
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Better check YouTube Ron, there's a vid of it thrashing a 'busa off the line. The 'busa catches up but it's not as dramatic as you might believe. Besides, once I get the turbo bolted on there won't be a squid on the planet that'll be seeing anything but my rapidly-vanishing taillight.

Comment

Ride carefully my friend, new bikes are terrible for spitting people off until they know their foibles.
                      Have fun though......
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

That is a serious piece of machinery, my friend. Congrats! My buddy, Mike, rides the same bike. It has already been down and repaired. He somehow locked the front brakes and flew off the bike, something I thought would be next to impossible on such a huge, heavy motorcycle.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

You're really making me wonder about my judgment in bikes Scott. Right after I bought it I was chatting with the owner of the shop who pointed one out that was in for service saying, "Yeah, that belongs to a guy who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident years ago but it hasn't slowed him down a bit." Maybe the fact that I decided to buy one of these the first time I laid eyes on one isn't such a good thing.

Comment

Mike had logged about 13,000 miles on a Sportster before he bought the Rocket. Maybe he let those miles go to his head? He did mention that the front brakes had been replaced on the Rocket prior to the accident, but I fail to see how just the brake pads being new would have caused his accident. After all, they were brand new when he first bought it too, right?

I would just ride with caution, just as I do on my Vmax. I had come off 2 H-D's when I bought the Vmax. I went into it knowing that I had to start out with mucho respect for the big power I was not used to. My advice is to do the same. The power and torque on the Rocket can really "come on" and surprise the shit outta you.

Ride safe my friend and keep it on both wheels.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
                              Better check YouTube Ron, there's a vid of it thrashing a 'busa off the line. The 'busa catches up but it's not as dramatic as you might believe. Besides, once I get the turbo bolted on there won't be a squid on the planet that'll be seeing anything but my rapidly-vanishing taillight.
                              Blah blah blah there's also a YT vid of a NOS'ed scooter blowing away a Trans Am...

BTW there are plenty of Busa Turbos rollin' around CA...

Whatever you decide, be careful!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X