I was shot by my butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was shot by my butcher

I went to Albertson's after the FM looking for cheap meat. There's this cute lady butcher that I talk to. Today as she walked past me, she shot in the ribs with a pricing gun. I looked at the sticker and said; " I'm cheap at twice the price." She said; " I only dated you". I said, "You can do that!!! I'm old enough to be your father!!!" At that point we had a good laugh.:ROTF: :ROTF: If you treat everyone you meet on a friendly basis, life is good. And the meat is cheap.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

what other way is there to treat people? I don't know how to be a dick to people until later on-lol
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
      what other way is there to treat people? I don't know how to be a dick to people until later on-lol
      The vast majority of people go through life in their own little world. The notion of being "human" to the people that service us has been lost. Common manners are a thing of the past for too many people. I make it point to be friendly. That's not because I think it will get me something or preferentrial treatment, but I have found that it does whether I like it or not.

Comment

I despise the "you are in public service,you owe me" attitude.Whenever I am at the grocery store,I have cashiers arguing over whose line I should be in today.It's that "Golden Rule" thing,and it works more often than not.

Don't misunderstand,I do have my moments,BUT.....My attitiude is a product of my environment.If you don't like my attitude,improve my environment....
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. But I can tell you this, you make your own enviornment. What's so hard about being nice to people? What's so hard about talking with the people you deal with everyday on a friendly basis? The neighborhoods that we see in movies are gone. Our whole society has lost its "home feeling". For me, whether it's Home Depot; Wal-Mart; a supermarket; thriftstore or the fleamarket, I treat all these people as if they were in my little neigborhood. It's a much bigger 'hood, but the common courtesy should stay the same. Call me old school, but I like the people I deal with and they like me.

Comment

I agree 100%,Fett.Respect is somthing for others to lose,I don't wait to see if they earn it.But then again,you have had one murder in your trailer park,we have the highest murder rate in the state.Just yesterday in the news,the were reporting on a woman and her 36 year old boyfriend who drew up a contract with her 15 year old daughter stating that he could have sex with the 15 year old while the girlfriend recovered from surgery.We won't mention the 5 year old scalded to death in the bathtub by his mother last year,and the years of abuse he endured.

Benefit of the doubt is given,but growing up in the city you learn that second chances merely result in bigger burns...
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by fett
              But I can tell you this, you make your own enviornment.
              Amen to that. What you just said, holds the key to a better world
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Oh, the irony!!!! I said neighborhood and my last name is "Rogers". Fred lives.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                  The notion of being "human" to the people that service us has been lost.

youre not kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
                    youre not kidding
                    You are damn right I'm not kidding. Anyone and everyone that has or could have an impact on my life deserves respect. That's just common decency (sp) . Being nice makes me happy. To see a rookie at the cash register who is all tight and to make them loosen up is priceless. To a acknowledge a worker for what he or she does turns them into being appreciated. It does not matter to me who the person is. A little personal contact works wonders.
                    Last edited by fett; 08-12-2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X