Fleamarket dumb people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleamarket dumb people

So, I go to the FM today and at the very first stall I see one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/TUBE-TESTER-VINT...QQcmdZViewItem The sellers are people I have dealt with before. So I ask the lady, "How much?" She says: " $25.00." Before I could say, "Sold", she defers to her hubby and he says; " I was thinking $20.00." I said: "Sold". What a pair of tools.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Not only that, but it seems to work. Talk about an inefficient market.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

My friend found a Gibby LP Standard for 700 at a fleamarket once...bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGrasshopper
      My friend found a Gibby LP Standard for 700 at a fleamarket once...bastard.
      I can top that. I saw a blond LP at a FM a few years ago and asked the guy the price. He said; "$450". Then he asked whether that was a good price. That was when I didn't have a bunch of money. Today, I would have bought it on the spot. The FM I go to is buttkiss but every once in a while...... Not only that, the regulars there are a trip. It's worth the $1 to get in just to see the people.:ROTF:
      Last edited by fett; 08-12-2006, 12:51 PM.

Comment

The only fleamarket here is pretty scary. Carny-folk with about half their teeth selling sticky VHS tapes, rusty farm tools, and other treasures. I can't say it was false advertising, though, because I'm pretty sure you could damn well get fleas there. We went once and that was it.
        Last edited by dg; 08-12-2006, 12:54 PM.

Comment

The FM scene is a whole mindset. The characters you see there cannot be found anywhere else. Thank God? Once you get to know these people, they are great. There is one A-Hole seller at mine where I wouldn't buy a glass of water from him if I were dying of thurst. I am a very outgoing person. The markets are like Venice Beach. You just go with the flow and leave the rest behind, because it's a little world in itself.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Seems like most of the FMs I've been to lately, are professional vendors (mostly immigrants) selling cheap imported crap,
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

About 6 months ago in the FM where I live, some guy bought a vintage LP from the early 60s in GREAT condition for 60 shekels, wich is about 15 US dollars.. too bad he got there earlier then I? :P

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer
                Seems like most of the FMs I've been to lately, are professional vendors (mostly immigrants) selling cheap imported crap,
                Yea. They have a tendency to take over some FMs. They squeeze out the casual sellers and the "one time" sellers. What has me stumpted here is the FM is the only one around for miles and miles. It's at a drive-in. There should be hundreds of sellers. Alas, the FM today, in perfect weather, was less than 30% full. Clue: Ms. Scarlet. In the bedroom. With the dildo. Says: "Tomorrow is another day".
                Last edited by fett; 08-12-2006, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Those dumb-asses selling quality loot for pennies is the reason we all keep going back there though, so long may it continue. And at the end of the day, they are happy they have some space in the garage and they are $20 richer, and you are happy with the purchase. Everybody happy!!!!!
                  Just so long as it isn't my Mrs "just having a little clear-out of junk" and coming back pleased as punch she got rid of all those nasty big 1960's valve amps I have stashed away, but never play (ie. my vintage Marshall and Fenders, otherwise known as "my pension").
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yes, it is. Even in the E-Bay world, ignorance is bliss for the buyer when the seller doesn't have a clue. I'm sure they bought my tube tester for $10 or less. They doubled their money and they are happy. I will get ten times my money, and I am stoked. I already have a good tester. I also have a good guitar or 30.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

I bought my Leslie 825 cabinet and 400 watt pre-amp for $30.00 at a garage sale !!!

That's all I play through now. Goodbye 1970 Marshall 50 watt !!!

Comment

Life in the underworld is good.

Comment

Working...
                        X