Latest Project: 1 Hum Mirror Bullseye RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project: 1 Hum Mirror Bullseye RR

I’ve been waiting to do this one for a while now. I finally found a brand new RX10D body. Unfortunately, the UPS guy decided it needed a small ding on the tip of the upper wing for character …so he dropped the box.

This one is like the rest…Body is routed out to accept the mirror top. I have a feeling this one will look good with chrome hardware. I kinda wish I had a neck for it, but the last thing I need is another wall hanger that I have no time to play. Enjoy the pics… You can see the clouds in the reflection.

Off to the next project....
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Very nice!
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Do you work for a guitar builder / custom shop work place, or is this all just for personal entertainment / enjoyment? I'm sure this has been asked before too, I'm just quite lazy, you see, and I can't put forth the effort to search right now. Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug
        …Body is routed out to accept the mirror top.
        How deep do you route it, Doug?

How do you drill holes in mirror?
        Last edited by jackson1; 08-11-2006, 03:25 PM.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Pretty sick - I bet that would look CRAZY under stage lights !

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
            How deep do you route it, Doug?
            It's routed .125in deep which is the same thickness as the mirror. The glue raises it slightly (.008 in) to the bottom of the beveled edge.

Originally posted by Inearthed
            Do you work for a guitar builder / custom shop work place, or is this all just for personal entertainment / enjoyment?

Yes / Yes
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

WOW... just plain WOW!
              Nice work!
              -Rick

Comment

That is very cool!

Comment

I wondering how you route the triangle corners so pointy? Maybe using a tiny tiny bit? Or chisel them?
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That's awesome!

You gonna sell that?

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Damn bro, that is sweet. If I had known you were looking for a RX10D I would have shipped you mine to do

Comment

That rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                          That's awesome!

You gonna sell that?

Mike
                          The plan is to put it on ebay for exposure. Every time I do, I pick up 2 or 3 tops from lookers. The next one is an Iceman for a guy in Australia that saw the black mirror Iceman I sold on ebay. It got over 900 hits. I have 8 more tops lined up to do... Four Icemans, a warlock, an ML, a round horn V, and the mini Epi V I bought from Creepy. Too bad only one is for a paying customer.

Next week I get my first shipment of blank fretboards from LMI. I'll spend most of the week designing, and inlaying fretboards. The main one I'm working on will be a "Pit of Vipers". Multiple entwined snakes, with a snake head on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, & 9th, and a 2-headed snake at the 12th fret. I still have a lot of design left to do on it though...Should be cool.
                          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Doug,

That is some pretty intricate work, do you have any website showcasing your past/present works?

Comment

Nice work as usual Doug. I have some questions, I'll call ya.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X