Those of us with long hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of us with long hair

For those of us who are tr00 enough to have long hair...what do you use, if anything, to detangle your hair? I just got done washing it and I can't run my fingers through it without some sort of knot at the end. I'm afraid that if I brush it hard enough I'm gonna wind up tearing it all out...

Oh man... I feel your pain. I have wicked long hair (to my waist).
    Make sure you use a conditioner on your hair in the shower, and let it sit for a couple minutes. Comb it through with a wide tooth comb even, then rinse.
    Then when you get out... do not towel dry, you will get tons of knots. Just gently wring your hair, squeezing the water out.
    Then apply a leave-conditioner, I use Garnier Fructis- the length and strength one.
    I can't believe I'm talking about this on the JCF. Heh.
    Also... NEVER brush your hair with a brush while its wet, always use a wide tooth comb, and start from the ends and work your way up.
    Hope that helps!

Comment

Cut your hair you metal head!!!

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

get a haircut, hippy!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I cant belive Im anwsering this....:ROTF:

Infusium.......http://www.infusium.com/our_collecti...l/leave_in.jsp

works great!!
          Last edited by toddstaples; 08-10-2006, 08:27 PM.
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

When I had long hair I used Paul Mitchell Detangler. It's expensive but it works GREAT!

Comment

In the shower....use conditioner (lots) and then while still in the shower brush your hair while rinsing the conditioner out. WHen I had long hair and a harley I had dreds after every ride and that worked for me

Comment

Infusium 23 works best!

Hlpes keep it straight too.

I had long hair... before I met my fiance.

Comment

Hmm... never seemed to have that problem when it was really long. Of course this is like the third time something popped up here that reminded me that I cut my hair.
                  If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

My wife swears by this stuff called Aussie Slip. Just asked her about it & she says they changed it & now it's called Knot Forgotten. She liked the old formula a little more, but still likes the Knot Forgotten.

Comment

I get the knots and tangles too. But mostly from the towel drying i guess. I do have a blow dryer.. go figure. I use the fructis stuff too and it seems to work great aside from my stupidity and towel dry my hair everyday. And of course combin through it when its tangled is probably a part of why im losing it a bit. Guess i'll change my routine a bit.

Comment

The JCF is now straight eye for the queer guy? :ROTF:
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I shaved all the hair off my head. So now I have much more time in the shower to concentrate on washing my .... uh .... other bits....
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

my g/f turned me onto a couple products that she uses, Hair polish. One I've been using is made by Fantasia.. basically an aloe enhanced liquid gel product for straightening hair. Work in very small amounts on the ends with your hand and then use a wide tooth comb.

Comment

After the wash and condition, let it dry and use Biosilk-"Silk Therapy." Your hair will feel silky smooth and not tangle. www.biosilk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X