World Trade Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Trade Center

Has anyone seen this yet? I hear it is fantastic and no Stone propaganda. At first I thought it would be too soon for this movie but after hearing how it was done I don't think so. They never show the planes strike the WTC and after the collapse there is nothing involved with terrorism etc... No polotics just the heroic actions of the Marines/NYPD and NYFD.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

I refuse to see these movies, this and that other one. I don't know, I don't think this stuff should be allowed. Should of been a longer time, like 10 years later or something.

Comment

Before I heard more about this movie I was the same way. The more I learned about it I actually am impressed how they handled it. When I first saw previews for United 93 I was pissed but then I heard that was handled very well... still this movie is more about humanity than it is about 9-11 from all I have heard.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I really don't have alot of interest in this one. Maybe on DVD, but I would rather go see some mindless entertainment than have to be subjected to more depressing content. I get enough of that at work.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I have no desire to see it at this time.
          I'm not upset that they made either of them, some people are ready to see them, some are not.
          I think WTC looks to have been a well thought out movie with repsect to how the events unfold.
          Flight 93 looks like it was done a little to cheezy to me.
          -Rick

Comment

All the money this film makes should go right to the families who lost their moms, dads, sons or daughters..

otherwise it's nothing but expoitation IMO..

without the concerns of healing wounds being ripped open..again!

I think this movie will cause some to have Post Traumatic Stress disorder..

if you died in that place would you want your children watching this..even the commercials..

It's nots even 5 years yet..it's not like we forgot this shit already..is this some reminder why we are at war..

I think the news could do that..especially today!!!

I think it's wrong.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That wound is still raw, real and open. For me, "Hollywood" fantasy it is not. And may never be. No thanks.

"Dramatization" is not necessary, nor wanted. It was real.

Comment

after losing 3 friends, and it could have been a lot worse than that, I got lucky, i'm not going to watch it. It's just another thing that puts rage in me i did not know I had.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                  All the money this film makes should go right to the families who lost their moms, dads, sons or daughters..

otherwise it's nothing but expoitation IMO..
                  just what I thought reading this. didn't hear about a movie before, but the idea somehow sounds tasteless to me.
                  it's simply wrong to make profit out of this.

di caprio is not gonna get a role in this movie, is he?

really nothing I'd like to order my popcorn to...
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

hmmmm I just read Tets intail post..I dunno..maybe if that's the case..without the planes hitting and people dying, jumping out windows and shit..well OK maybe..

They played the actual footage on that TV special ...it was damn right disturbing..when the recue units were staging in the lobby of one of the towers and all you heard was thump..thump...thump...it was raining people...that was terrible.

Is this more of a tribute to the rescue units involved..I guess..

I still think it's way too soon..

what do you guys think..I dunno..

I don't want to see it..my wife prolly would tho..I seen enough grief and have too much rage already.

The money should go to the victim's families..they got cheated enough..
                    Last edited by horns666; 08-10-2006, 12:59 PM.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                      That wound is still raw, real and open. For me, "Hollywood" fantasy it is not. And may never be. No thanks.

"Dramatization" is not necessary, nor wanted. It was real.
                      Exactly!

Comment

This is wrong.

Fucking.

Wrong.

The only way this would be acceptable is if 100% of the proceeds (and I do mean 100%) went to the families of the victims. What they've done - dramatization, Nicolas Cage in a fireman's helmet... They turned a recent tragedy into fucking entertainment.

No way. Boycotting this one out of pure fucking decency.

Comment

Considering who's really making the money off this tragedy I would be interested in seeing it only if Mel Gibson got the lead.
                          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
                            Considering who's really making the money off this tragedy I would be interested in seeing it only if Mel Gibson got the lead.
                            Eeeeeeek!
                            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here for a moment.

I have a simple question... how long do you wait?
                              I mean how long is long enough? 5 years... 10 years... ?

Other tragedies have happened, some worse and some not, and movies have been made about them in relatively short manner.

Do we only get offended because this happened on American soil?

What about al the other tragedies that happen around the world?
                              The movie Black Hawk Down for example was made in less time after the event.
                              And while not as tragic in scale, it was still tragic none the less.
                              Everyone praised that movie.

And no, I don't agree that all or any for that matter, of the proceeds should go to the families.
                              There were litteraly billions paid out by insurance companies and our own TAXPAYER money to the families.
                              Yes, I feel bad for them, but with all the insurance payouts, lawsuits and victims compensation funds and such, do they really "need" more money? Is it going to bring anyone back? Hell no.
                              How much is enough?

Just my two cents.

And no, I have no desire to see the film at the moment, I saw it live.
                              But that doesn't mean I won't ever see it, just not now.

Let the flaming begin...
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X