Scary stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary stories

I was reading the Ted the Caver story and found this thread full of scary stories!

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthre...threadid=99171

Boooooo! Heh
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Oh that dude was high..poor kids..they probably thought he was nuts..

You know, that brought me back to those weird, big dark eyed paintings of these kids..I don't know if you know what I'm talking about..but they used to be kinda popular years ago..back in the 60's or 70's..kind of cute but very creepy too..

Ummm..they were like creepy "precious moments" lookin' kids..with big dark eyes and big heads..

ringing any bells Ron..anyone??

I never thought of those until now..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That was Jay and Silent Bob as kids..

cool story tho..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
        That was Jay and Silent Bob as kids..

cool story tho..

And the story teller is buddy christ.

bwhahah

Comment

You know, that brought me back to those weird, big dark eyed paintings of these kids..I don't know if you know what I'm talking about..but they used to be kinda popular years ago..back in the 60's or 70's..kind of cute but very creepy too..

Ummm..they were like creepy "precious moments" lookin' kids..with big dark eyes and big heads..

ringing any bells Ron...
          I know exactly what, dude....I think you are describing the art of Margaret Keane....Of course I found a link...do NOT read the text (it describes her conversion to Jehovah's Witnesses ) but check out the example pics and tell me if I'm right.

http://besmirched.tripod.com/margaret.html

Comment

HOLY..or UNHOLY FUGGIN' SHIT...!!!!!!

That's it man, Ron you nailed it on the head, that is it..WTF???!!!!

I haven't seen that shit since I was a kid...man, I gotta go read that shit!!!!

Ron, you're good..maybe too good..

BTW Fong..I love those bobbleheads..I want 'em!!

Comment

I just read that Bio...hmmm interesting..

Ron, I can't believe you found this..

http://besmirched.tripod.com/margaret.html

anyone esle remember this stuff..that story brought me right back to memories of those pics!!

Like I said, I never thought of that until now..weird.

That's scary!!

Comment

I found a doll on Ebay..mink ya..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-1960s-Big-Ey...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Ron, I can't believe you found this..
                  Damn, I'm good!

Like that, huh? Check out a whole BOATload of 'em at the Keane Gallery!

http://www.keane-eyes.com/

(shudder)

Comment

yeah..I just showed Val..she remembers these too vaugley..Im searchin' around for them now too..

a doll just sold for 104 bucks s on Ebay, from the 60's..I don't think I want one that bad..

But these pics...just bring back memories..my grandma had one or two, yeah a boy and a girl..very sad ones..I just stared at them and I always thought ..WTF??!!

I pictured these kids in that damn story I read..you started this..

which is cool as hell..because I forgot all about these..I like 'em..kinda stoic and morbid...some of them!!

trying to find the coolest one..use it as a wallpaper..

Comment

Oh Boy, I just found the exact pics my gram had..all the way at the bottom the glrl and boy ones holding their dogs..oh my goodness..that's the ones alright..

wow..

yeah Ron ..yer good man..

you don't even know..that shit left it's mark on me ..very young..

Comment

Scary stories

> The story there reminds me of a story told to me by a close friend. He was out on a backroad here close to town with some friends,and they had dropped acid not even 5 minutes before this happened. The front seat passenger was looking up the road,and saw an eerie figure standing on the side of the road near the corner,about the same time the driver saw it. The driver says to the others "dude,is that Death up on the corner?". The others sit up to take a look,and sure enough,in broad daylight,all 4 of them saw the Grim Reaper on the side of the road,sickle in hand,not even 100 feet in front of them. The driver had slowed to about 15 MPH,then brought the car to a complete stop,and slammed it into reverse and floored it. Once he had gotten maybe 300 feet away,he backed into the grass and completely changed direction. Once they got turned around,the driver looked up in the rear view mirror and saw a big ass farm implement had just crossed the road at high speed for such a cumbersome vehicle. They were convinced that had they not saw Grim on the side of the road,they would have went on up the road to be slammed broadside by the implement,and been killed. They were also convinced that sitting in town at someone's house was WAY safer than being out on a backroad once the trip actually started. Tommy D.
                        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by TommyD
                          and they had dropped acid not even 5 minutes before this happened.
                          I have a feeling a LOT of these stories start out that way!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                            I have a feeling a LOT of these stories start out that way!
                            I know mine do..well not acid..

plenty of other shit tho..:ROTF:

Comment

I don't have any "scary" stories..but I have very disturbing ones..ones I'll never forget..

I shared some of those already..

Comment

Working...
                              X