Poison / Cinderella Concert 8/8/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison / Cinderella Concert 8/8/06

Just got home from the concert tonight at Jones Beach. I had seats in the 11th row on the floor. Nice and close to the stage. I have to say, Poison still kicks a$$! They were fun to watch. Last time I saw them was a few years ago opening for KISS at the same venue, Jones Beach theater. Now that they headlined, they got to put on a better show.

Musically speaking, they were dead on. The songs sounded great, they all played great. Really was a FUN show. Opening was Endeverafter, who for an unknown band, played pretty good. Finally an opening act that played the same style of rock as the other headliners. Don't make fun here, but CC Deville played pretty damned good. Had all his customs color V's and played the cr@p out of them.

Cinderella played before Poison. The songs sounded great but Tom Keifer's voice is shot. Couldn't hit any of the higher notes. Kept shifting down an octave to sing some of the stuff. I also noticed that the other band members did a little more "backround" singing to help Tom out. That and some pretty loud guitars to drown out the vocals a little. BUT, The band played great. Even though he couldn't sing too well, Keifer can still play a mean guitar though.

It was fun to watch two of my favorite bands (both with all original members intact) still doing it 20 years later. I started listening to them back in the 80's. Little did I know back then that one day 20 years later I would be bringing my 13 yr old son to watch them too. (He's an 80's metal head!!)

If the tour comes to your town, check them out.
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

I never did really get into Poison. I like a couple of their songs, but that's about it.

I liked Cinderella though. Night Songs for the most part was a cool album/CD/tape whatever. Long Cold Winter was ok, but I lost interest after that.

I thought is was odd that the band in the Cinderella videos had nothing to do with the album. Night Songs was Tom Keifer and a studio band, the rest of Cinderella was formed for touring and apparently the videos.

I still listen to Night Songs and Long Cold Winter so it would probably be pretty cool to see them in concert I guess, but I doubt I could sit through Poison though.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Poison was always kind of painful for me, but glad you had a good time dude, I used to live in New York, J.B. shows are always a good time even if the Carpenters were playing, you'd be shit housed and enjoying the show and the talent walking around.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I saw the same tour earlier this summer (we opened for them). Cinderella kicked ass, I've seen them many times and they are just flat out a great live rock band.

Poison totally surprised me. I completely expected them to suck ass but they didn't. I don't really like their music very much but they played it WAY better than when I saw them in the 80's.

CC apparently has spent some time actually practicing his guitar the past 15 years because he's gotten way better. And yes, he has some killer GMP V's.

Here are some pics of all the bands from that show if you're interested...yes Tom Keifer is very pale.

http://www.lazer1033.com/gallery/waterstock2006

Comment

poison always struck me as trying to be hard and as nikki sixx put it in 'the dirt' doing what they thought rockers ought to do. I also think they are assholes.

Comment

CC has always been a good no-frills rocker.

I can't see how Tom's voice could NOT be shot at this point, his style had to be very damaging to his vocal chords. I always liked them, though. Another solid blues based rock band in the same vein as Great White, another of my favorites from that era.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
            X