Words from Kam Lee about the current state of metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words from Kam Lee about the current state of metal

I read an interesting message from Kam Lee (Death/Massacre) over on blabbermouth and I wanted to share it with you guys to see what you thought.

"ONCE MORE PEOPLE... NO!!!! I DO NOT HATE METAL!

"What I do hate is the current state of the overall 'metal scene'... the scene in which I played a very crucial part in... the scene in which I even helped create!

"Extreme metal - death metal - black metal - hard-core - punk... these terms are thrown around and placed in catagories for bands that - by their 'true' nature - should not be using these terms to label themselves!

"It makes me wanna puke my bloody guts out when some ignorant 14-year-old tells me that bands like SYSTEM OF THE DOWN or SLIPKNOT are death metal... Motherfucker, that makes me ill!

"When some prog-metal fuck nut tells me that OPETH is black metal, I want to rip his fucking head off and shit down his neck!

"When some little goth slut tells me that MARY-FAGGOT MANSON is extreme metal... I wanna see her ass raped by a rhino with herpes!

"When some emo-faggot kid says the shit bands he listens to are hardcore... I see murder in my eyes! (Fuck it — I just wanna murder these emo pukes anyway!) or when some trendy fashion whore says that Gwen Stefani is punk — I wanna beat that bitch with a baseball bat!

"My point is... the metal scene has become overrun with both bands and fans that have no idea the real history of metal!

"I fucking hate the radio media bullshit that is forced upon this new generation of mindless monkeys... I blame not only the corperate nut sacks for destroying 'my' scene, but also the new breed of bands and fans that have just jumped on the metal bandwagon!

"This too can be said of the punk scene... especially the punk scene and the 'true/real' hardcore scene...

"Fuck it!

"Face it, my 'true' brothers and sisters of the 'real'... our scene is lost!"
    Anyone?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

what a fucking tool, go to bed and cry, REAL musicians don't get bothered about genre names and silly shit like that and they definetly don't want to beat 14 year old kids

I find that metal music isn't very creative anymore because of those whiney ass metal elitists like Kam Lee. Who are you to decide what is right and what is wrong, it's all music, listen to it or don't but shut the fuck up. This dude is like a typical blabbermouth member and we all know who they are, 17 year old virgins sitting 24/7 behind the cumputer, jerking off and trying to be a metal elitists and saying how everything is gay wich is not true UG metal.
    Last edited by Endrik; 08-08-2006, 08:18 AM.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Was this rant written 5 years ago? Nothing he says is anything that wasn't said 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, etc ago. The same accusations were made at the height of the nu-metal thing, that a bunch of bands were jumping on the bandwagon and that the mindless masses of THAT generation were buying any old bullshit the mass media were pushing. Exactly the same thing was said at the peak of the grunge movement.

I remember a few years ago when some kid told me that AC/DC was speed metal. It made me laugh a little, but really, so what? The kids that say the stuff in Kam's post are just young and don't have the listening experience to give this "new" music they've discovered its correct context. How many 12 year olds discovered Metallica for the first time and thought that Kirk was the fastest guitarist in existence and the band was the heaviest thing ever!! They just hadn't heard Michael Angelo, Yngwie Malmsteen, Chris Impelliteri yet to hear real speed, and they hadn't yet been exposed to Slayer, Venom, etc.

and who the hell is Kam Lee anyway?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Kam Lee is responsible for bringing the most unmusical and horrible thing to the music - cookie monster vocals
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
          Kam Lee is responsible for bringing the most unmusical and horrible thing to the music - cookie monster vocals
          Oh, Lord. Kill him...please.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
            Oh, Lord. Kill him...please.

Mike
            +10,000
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Oh, so thats why hes pissed. All the stupid little emo bands with the CM screamo vocals are making him look bad, in his own mind of course.

Comment

this dude's rant is retarded. did we huwt his wittle feewings when we miss wabel music? boo hoo hoo mr. death metal.

...oh, and cookie monster vocals suck.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

oh, and real metal musicians don't worry about the "scene" anyhow.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Wow i mean you bitch about Kam Lee that yet you seem to be the same intolerant person.
                    To quote yourself:
                    "Who are you to decide what is right and what is wrong, it's all music, listen to it or don't but shut the fuck up."

I don't agree with Kam Lee about those kids destroying the death metal scene, just to be clear. But it's not the smartest thing to talk bad about anybody for being intolerant yet in the same thread being just the same.

Flo
                    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death
                      Wow i mean you bitch about Kam Lee that yet you seem to be the same intolerant person.
                      To quote yourself:
                      "Who are you to decide what is right and what is wrong, it's all music, listen to it or don't but shut the fuck up."
                      I was expressing my personal opinion about the sound of cookie monster vocals. I didn't say it is WRONG do to it and who ever does it should be raped by rhino. I'm never against anything that people create unless it's illeagal but I do have an opinion about things. If this dipshit would have said "I think the current state of metal sucks" then I would have been cool with it, but this is just retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                        this dude's rant is retarded. did we huwt his wittle feewings when we miss wabel music? boo hoo hoo mr. death metal.

...oh, and cookie monster vocals suck.

Preach on brutha!!!!!

I DID like this part, though: "When some little goth slut tells me that MARY-FAGGOT MANSON is extreme metal... I wanna see her ass raped by a rhino with herpes!"
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I posted it because I am a Death fan and although he was in the band in the late 80's ( I think so anyways.. it was early on in their career) I noticed his name pop up on blabbermouth.

He is partially correct about the current state of metal in my opinion. Around here ever band looks, sounds, and acts the same. The seem to be carbon copies of each other and it does not help that a lot of them are emo wuss kids who write songs about the icey cold black hand of death that is in their backs now that she left me... it drives me nuts.

Still, you can't let things like this bother you because there is always going to be some no talent lame band that makes it big for some lame reason. There will always be people who don't know/care to learn what category of metal Nevermore fits into. Just have to deal with it and move on with your life and kill every emo kid you see... well not really but seriously they drive me crazy
                          Last edited by Thor Von Clemson; 08-08-2006, 10:29 AM.
                          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

So he would be the reason that a ton of otherwise good bands are unlistenable? He's the reason lots of mainstream people now think metal is a joke? Gee, thanks man. Way to go.

Tolerance is overrated.
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
                              He is partially correct about the current state of metal in my opinion. Around here ever band looks, sounds, and acts the same.
                              what new band sounds NEW? do you have anything to say new musically? do you look original? do you know anyone who does?

I can freely admit that I'm totally unoriginal and so are 99.99999% of the people in my age.

There isn't anything new about music. Everything is ripping off from eachother. You can't invent anything anymore because whatever you do is allready been done.
                              Same thing about the image.

These days you just have to concetrate on good songwriting, arranging and attitude. You are definetly gonna sound like somone else but that doesn't mean you have to suck.

Inventing wheels again is for snoobs who can't write catchy tunes.

Comment

Working...
                              X