Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some advice (financing / loan for a car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy a used car with the cash you have. go to http://www.carbuyingtips.com.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
      Civic / Corolla / Focus type. I could probably put down $4,000 no problem.
      Dude dont do credit. You have 4 grand you can find a decent car for that. The greatest source of wealth building you have is your income. If you are paying payments for something that depreciates 15% after you drive it off the lot your not building any wealth for yourself. Do some shopping around and research. Find a $4000 car and keep it maintained. Use that $600 a month for an emergency fund and investments. Debt is dumb. You cant depend on the govt for retirement. Save and invest for yourself. $600 a month saved and invested over a period of 20 years or so can yield a great retirement fund. DONT DO IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg
        Dude dont do credit. You have 4 grand you can find a decent car for that. The greatest source of wealth building you have is your income. If you are paying payments for something that depreciates 15% after you drive it off the lot your not building any wealth for yourself. Do some shopping around and research. Find a $4000 car and keep it maintained. Use that $600 a month for an emergency fund and investments. Debt is dumb. You cant depend on the govt for retirement. Save and invest for yourself. $600 a month saved and invested over a period of 20 years or so can yield a great retirement fund. DONT DO IT!!!
        There ya go..that's just good common sense to me..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic
          unless you have defaulted on auto loans before... 4000.00 down will get you anything you desire in those classes of vehicles. most any dealership should be able to get you financing with that kind of down payment on a 15000 - 20000 vehicle.
          +1

Dealers are hard up to sell vehicles these days. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't walk in to a dealership with $4K in hand and not be able to finance for under 10%.

Comment

I'm sure they'll be glad to take your 4k!!

Put you in a 16-17K car at $500 a month..

by the time you pay all the interest on that car you'll have about 19-20K into it..

buy the time you make your last payment..the car will worth..8-10K..if you're lucky.

This is a "daily driver" right..??

This isn't a the main family vehicle for the wife driving around with your kids or anything..yes..??

just throwing some money smarts at ya..I'm throwing pearls here..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks again, more food for thought. Cheers.

Comment

There are so many used cars on the lots you shouldn't have any proplem there. I, personally, would buy a car from a private party. You will know from the get go by seeing the seller. Or you could go to a "Richard Nixon" lot.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Speaking of car lots. I drive by and look at a place that has a yard full of classic cars. I have seen a few that have tickled my fancy. But, something tells me to not do it. I wonder why.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                  X