The A/C went out in my car.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The A/C went out in my car.......

The repair shop wanted $1400.00 to fix it, so I just fixed it myself. What do ya think? I can use that SOB for a deep freeze now!

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Cool and nice tail lights!

/end sarcasm :P

Comment

Nice pic. My ac died on Monday and I Just got it back today.

Comment

I had my car's AC recharged last year... it lasted about a month. I got it redone last month, it died again over the weekend. The idiot that recharged it said he couldn't find where the leak was coming from, said he could replace the system for about $1200. Screw that! Guess I have to find a new mechanic.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like it...it has that down home white trash look to it.
          Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

Originally posted by riffraff
            I like it...it has that down home white trash look to it.
            Thanks bro! That's the look I was after.
            And as an added bonus, the LF coil spring was starting to sag a little, so the added weight to the RH side leveled the ride back out! It's just like a new car again!
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

hahahaha looks awesome

and for all of you people who's AC broke down now... nice timing.. just when its so friggin hot.. atleast here in Toronto.. i know new york too

crappy thing is i gotta work in a slurpee stand in an amusment park
              If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

This car would be a perfect vehicle design for the game "Fallout".
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

You guys are making me nervous. My AC just went out and I'm taking it in tomorrow. I'm probably making a huge mistake by taking it to the dealer (5 year/60k bumper-to-bumper warranty just ran out), but I fully expect to take it in the ass anywhere I go.
                  sigpic

Comment

Man, thats a good idea.
                    I need to convert my 78' Impala white trash ride to new r13 refrigerant.
                    But hell, take it to the next step... put the generator in the trunk, and just route a hole on the trunk and pipe the echuast out!

Comment

Roll down the damn window. One of the things, amoug many, that really pisses me off is when people are parked and let their engines run for AC or heat. All AC does is waste gas and makes you heatshocked when you get out of the car. And most people don't know that for heat when you are parked is to turn off the engine and go to ACC to let the fan run. There's plenty of heat stored up. By the way, my AC doesn't work on my Aerostar and neither does the fan.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Check the fuse for the fan?

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL
                          Check the fuse for the fan?
                          Yea, I did. It's in the switch or a loose wire. But, I live in the Great Northwest where it's cool all the time.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I gotta get a better vacuum pump, I can usually get a screwed up AC so it'll work, but to get em right you really gotta evacuate the system big time,
                            We saw a black guy piloting a beat up 27-30 foot cabin cruiser on lake mead with a simular set up. my buddy's comment was, theres an entry from the worlds thinnest book "african americans I have met while yachting" LOL :ROTF:
                            Last edited by FusionFarmer; 08-03-2006, 04:25 PM.
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                            X