Huge hornet....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBreinin
    I shot it with my BB gun. Took 3 shots to get him dialed in, but I clipped him enough for the cat to take care of him later.

Yeah, I hate bugs that much...I put 2 holes in my wall...but I got him.

Mike
    WTF?!?
    you shoot at bugs?!? now I thought I was afraid of them...

but this really looks pretty damn agressive.
    completely different to the hornets I know from over here.
    the ones I know look more like this;

we've got a small folk living in our garden for the last couple of years.
    I'm not about to say I like them, but I still prefer them to the usual wasp, even though these are far from beeing half of their size.
    but our hornets have always been real chillers. they are way less agressive compared to these waspfockers. and you see almoust no wasps around when you got some of these living close to you!!
    I can speak only for the hornets I have experience with, but in all these years I never got attacked.
    they just fly by and are gone. and they don't seem to have much interest in our human-food either. even if I eat something yummy on the balcony, they just have a look and go again, and if they once find their way into the house, they're not that stupid to ram the same window on and on... they just leave the room the way they came into, once they found out my room is not the best hunting ground.

only thing that sucks about them is that they hunt a nights too.
    I even once saw one drown in a burning tea-warmer.
    it just made some noise out of the dark and bbrrrrrooooum it landed directly in this small candle, hardly big enough to have room for his crooked body...
    for insects, I'd call them pretty intelligent, but they're not capable for rocket science either.

so yours are agressive?
    sure they all are hunters, but yours look more like sport-killers compared to the ones I know...
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by npacheco
      OK, just for Em...(sorry in advance that it is corny)...

You shouldn't be afraid of any of these bugs in this thread. In fact, if you take the time to listen to them, you'll hear them say, "I Wanna Bee Somebody." Of course, if one does sting you, be careful if you live in Waco or El Paso because you could be Blind In Texas and the W.A.S.P will get the nickname Widowmaker

:ROTF: EXCELLENT!!!

Comment

That looks like a Cicada Killer Wasp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_killer_wasp

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants
          It died in the jar!! It lived about 2 1/2 days and then I forgot about it. I can still set fire to him or blow him up or whatever, but I don't think it'll be as fun.
          oh shit thats funny.....not that it died but that your still willing to torch that sumbitch....lol..
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

eek! bugs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by npacheco
              That was f'in hilarious. Almost made me shoot water out my nose
              I did shoot water out of my nose. the odd thing is im drinking Dr pepper

Comment

Working...
              X