Huge hornet....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge hornet....

We have our share of large wasps ("waspers" as they're called in Tn.) and hornets, but I had one waiting at my door this morning at work that beats all of them. It's a ground hornet that's about 2 1/4" long and has a stinger about a 1/2"!! I caught it in a jar and it's been a very entertaining little guy to have around so far. It's very pissed off, obviously. It keeps turning its' ass towards me and squirting out this liquid stuff! I can't tell if it's shitting, pissing, or trying to spray me with some kind of cosmic poison or something. I'm going to let him go in a moment, that should be fun!

I got stung on the hand by one of these bastards when I was a kid. I was turning over a log in the woods and a swarm of the came out from underneath. I remember I couldn't go to baseball practice for days because my hand was too swolen to fit in my glove! But again, fear not bug-lovers, I'm letting him go now!

Fuck that, I would spray or squash that monster instanty. Just looking at it on the screen makes me nervous. I HATE bugs.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

In the first picture I thought 'that tiny little thing?'

Then I scrolled down and saw it in the jar, HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I would seriously NOT release that, it will go apeshit on you...
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Makes me glad to live in the UK where the worst animal is an Adder and there's hardly any of them!!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

sell it to the basketball team
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

We get those around here too. Big fuckers aren't they? Apparently, they kill honey bees by biting their heads off.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
              sell it to the basketball team

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                We get those around here too. Big fuckers aren't they? Apparently, they kill honey bees by biting their heads off.
                Yup, they do, then they remove all limbs, wings, etc and feed the nutricious meat of the body/thorax (where all the muscle is) to their young.

The bees are not as powerful, but they actually swamp the Hornet, with hundreds of bees and smuther it and violently vibrate their bodies to create heat, they actually cook the hornet alive.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

We have all kinds of awful insects down here in New Orleans...it is just terrible. We have those massive tree roaches that fly for about a month out of the year during some kind of breeding season. One of those cocksuckers got into my house about a month and a half ago. It was pissed and flying all around. It was a solid 3 inches long, minimum. I was freaking out because those bastards WILL crawl on you if you in the house...they are drawn to you. Generally they do so when you are trying to sleep. I didn't have any spray and that thing was not going to be alive when I went to bed, I can tell you that much. I shot it with my BB gun. Took 3 shots to get him dialed in, but I clipped him enough for the cat to take care of him later.

Yeah, I hate bugs that much...I put 2 holes in my wall...but I got him.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli
                    Makes me glad to live in the UK where the worst animal is an Adder and there's hardly any of them!!
                    Oh no, my friend, we have hornets that kind of size too, believe me. I found a nest in an old Victorian manor house a couple of years ago, they were the huuuuuge. People apparently mistake wasps for hornets, but once you see a real hornet, you won't mistake the two creatures, they dwarf wasps.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Ah don't feel bad about killing that thing... Wasps, Hornets, Yellow Jackets, etc... have no useful purpose. As stated above, they are a detriment to Honey Bees which do play an important role in nature (and are also less likely to sting you).

They're not that big here, but everytime I turn around they are building a nest somewhere on my house. I take great joy in wiping them out
                      Last edited by khabibissell; 08-02-2006, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                        Fuck that, I would spray or squash that monster instanty.
                        +1. Kill that fucker before he gets out and comes after you!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

man, hell, i'm with mike.

bugs like that are no good in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants
                            It keeps turning its' ass towards me and squirting out this liquid stuff!
                            That's what she said...
                            If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I'd kill that thing... yeeesh... i hate bugs... especially the ones that bite or sting.

Comment

Working...
                              X