I have a brand new pipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL
    I used to grow some northern lights #2 with my pops, back a few years ago before he became a meth cook.
    Now I can only cop regular schwag for $50 an oz.

Lerx... would ya sell that flying v bong?
    I'de buy it.

Everything should be available as a Flying V.
    EVERYTHING.
    I would, but it's a sentimental gift from a good friend. Sorry to hear your dad's cooking meth, that's dangerous, legally and hazmat-wise. Hope he doesn't get hurt, man.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

> My only pipe is a one-hitter I made,from 6AL-4V Titanium. It's 4.000 long,and .370 in diameter,with about .060 sidewalls on the business end. I drilled it with a 1/16 carbide drill bit,then reamed it to 7/64. I drilled to about 2 inches deep with a 1/8 drill,then reamed it to 9/64. Then I took a 1/4 inch 4 flute coated carbide end mill and drilled the actual bowl to .450 deep. After getting all the holes drilled/reamed just right,I set about making it aesthetically pleasing as well. I put it between centers in my benchtop lathe and cut 3 .050 wide grooves about .750 behind the bowl,as a heatsink of sorts,and used diamond needle files to polish the grooves,then decided that small o-rings were an even better solution. I then made a 1/16 radius tool and cut the main body of it down to .315,just enough to put a small rounded edge just below where the heat grooves are,and cut the weight. I put a small beveled edge on the mouth end,and used the needle files to deburr all the edges. I used emery cloth and 400 sandpaper to finish the big end,since it gets lit and thus dirty,the smaller end I polished to as fine a finish as I possibly could,using up to 2500 sandpaper,8000 Micro-Mesh,then a white polishing compund,and Meguiars Metal Polish. It came out so slick,most people that see it for the first time think it's been clearcoated like Budman's aluminum pickup rings. All the holes are perfectly concentric,and with 3 different bores inside,if I lose it,ditch it,or someone steals it,they can't use it for a crack pipe. And yes,I think all the precision I implemented in engineering,fabricating,and time I spent making it pretty makes it work better. It's as smooth as metal pipes get,doesn't really get as hot as I thought due to Ti's low thermal conductivity,and is just pimpin'. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Sheesh Tommy, that's awesome! Most of my homemade pipes have consisted of a 1/4"x3" brass nipple, a 1/4"x3/8" brass 90, and a screen taken from a faucet aerator. Much simpler but not as cool!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ummmm..I bought mine for 6 bucks at the head shop..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

In a pinch I second the apple trick!! They work awesome on tour, because you shouldn't cross borders with paraphanelia, and I've never been anywhere on this Earth you can't buy an apple.(OK, except the wilderness). Plus apples are usually part of the backstage hospitality, if not they cost about 40 cents. And it tastes better!! I showed that trick to Into Eternity and we were all about it all tour!!

Comment

My best friend Josh and I had a U.S. Bong (yeah that's right, that' s what they used to say on them) collection. we had over 40 of them, and his, mine and our friend chris's mom would just break them and throw them out whenever they uncovered one. had a 4 footer that you have to have someone light for you. That was a doozy, now I just twist a fatty , it's so much easier. the bong water doesn't smell like Bosnia, etc.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

they do the apple in "the 40 year old virgin"..movie..

I love that movie!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

> In my normal circle of smokers,I've always been the McGuyver smoker. I've never used the apple,but knew it was possible. I have used a potato,which my friend Dog peeled and ate afterwards. Believe it or not,turkey will actually smoke,we tried it one night and it filled our lungs with turkey smoke,but no high. The strongest one I've ever made was a gravity bong made out of one of the large wooden pipe bowls and 2 5 gallon pickle buckets. It knocked snot bubbles out of everyone that hit it. Tommy D.
                    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL
                      Everything should be available as a Flying V.
                      EVERYTHING.
                      I had a black/white flying V dangle earring in college. LOL
                      all Schenker, all the time!

I've seen flying V bowls.

I now have a white Flying V guitar which is my #1.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                      X