Guitar world-100 greatest guitar albums ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar world-100 greatest guitar albums ever

What a friggin joke,Smashing pumpkins make the list, but not Rust in peace, who comes up with this crap!
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Someone who's been told to fill up space cos there isn't enough news /review content and they haven't got the time / money to pay for a decent interview.....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Those guys are clowns when they do this s**t. Sometimes I think they just build in an artificial level of douchery so as to fill up space in the next month's letters to the editor.

Comment

Lists are always unjustified B.S. created by trolls trying to stir up trouble.

Comment

I hate these lists too. In fact, I hate all lists. Here's my list of lists I hate:

1. Top 100 "whatever" lists
          2. Grocery lists
          3. "Honey-Do" lists
          4. Things-to-do lists
          5. Things-to-remember lists

I'm such a hypocrite.
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Top 100 is just too large. You really need to distill it down to top 10 or top 20 at the most. The problem with the top 100 is the bottom 40 or so are either new bands that won't be relevant in 5 years, or beggars and hangers on that got sympathy votes.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk
              Top 100 is just too large. You really need to distill it down to top 10 or top 20 at the most. The problem with the top 100 is the bottom 40 or so are either new bands that won't be relevant in 5 years, or beggars and hangers on that got sympathy votes.
              *cough* Smashing Pumpkins *cough*
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Actually the readers of Guitar World voted for those Top 100, sadly. I will say it's better that the Rolling Stone lists even though it still contains Nirvana.

About half the people on there deserve to be on a best guitarist list, but the problem is that no one could agree on the other half. Even if you had a separate list for each sub genre of rock and metal you couldn't get agreement on a Top 100 for each one. Which is why these lists are bullshit.

Still, they probably sell a lot of issues to people who get it to read the list and then recoil in horror at some of the dipshits who are included!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Whats wrong with Smashing Pumpkins guys?

Comment

All you have to remember is at least 50% of Guitar World readers/voters are kids who think Kirk Hammett (who's won best guitarist how many years?) is the greatest guitarist to walk the face of the Earth. That just goes to show how much they know about guitar albums. Haven't seen the list, but I wouldn't be surprised if not one Shrapnel album was on there.
                    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles
                      All you have to remember is at least 50% of Guitar World readers/voters are kids who think Kirk Hammett (who's won best guitarist how many years?) is the greatest guitarist to walk the face of the Earth. That just goes to show how much they know about guitar albums. Haven't seen the list, but I wouldn't be surprised if not one Shrapnel album was on there.
                      Not to mention the braindeads who think Kurt Cobain could play guitar.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Those lists are such jokes.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                          Those lists are such jokes.

Mike
                          Amen..

just mainstream popularity contests..some were legit..some..
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i cant even be arsed to look at the list

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                              i cant even be arsed to look at the list
                              I'm actually been reading it today..I'm sick as a dog..there some real crap on here..I skip those..which is about 3/4 the list..

Rage against The Machine...Rage against my balls..:ROTF:
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X