No announcement yet.

Guitar world-100 greatest guitar albums ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL thats why i am not looking Bill!!every fucking year some mag does this shit and it always is shit!i get sick as a dog just thinking about it let alon reading it

Comment

I mean really, all we need is the top 3..and they would be:

1. Are You Experienced
      2. Van Halen
      3. Paranoid

There you go, the three albums that launched millions of guitar players. End of story.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The Smashing pumpkins can write a song. They're not about guitar showmanship. I'm the same way, i like writing songs, there's thousand upon thousands of people who can play like I do on a guitar, but I really think i've improved as a songwriter through the time more than a player.
        You do need 20 Albums, that's true. But they must start from Robert Johnson to whoever is the top guy today ,I seem to hear that guy jeff loomis' name often from Bill and others, so it's a long chain and ladder, and that's a fact. but it all starts with the blues if we're talking about the guitar and where it's been taken to.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

the album that Johnson made is a magical one but he paid to the devil to get his skills
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i might do a deal with the devil too as long as i got to swing down Sunset from palm tree to palm tree like tarzan.

Comment

I nailed the original Tarzan voice to the T when I was 13 years old.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I nailed the tree swing when I was7.

Comment

I was that tree when I was 3

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                    the album that Johnson made is a magical one but he paid to the devil to get his skills
                    Down at the Crossroads??

Got me a mojo hand right here.

Mike

Comment

Well this was picked by the readers, so I wouldn't put much stock in it. GW did a 100 greatest guitar albums, picked by the editors, about 3 years (I believe the 4/03 issue). It was broken down into genres and was pretty good.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin

1. Are You Experienced
                        2. Van Halen
                        3. Paranoid

There you go, the three albums that launched millions of guitar players. End of story.

Mike
                        It was Hendrix, Sabbath and Alvin Lee for me. Didn't hear VH till high school.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hendrix never did it for me. Don't get me wrong, I like his music well enough, but it never made me want to pick up guitar. I'll say that Black Sabbath was the first music I heard that made me say "I wanna do that!!!".
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin

1. Are You Experienced
                            2. Van Halen
                            3. Paranoid

Mike
                            +10000

if you would add one more..I'd make it Yngwie's Rising Force..at #4

#1 Are you experienced
                            #2 Paranoid
                            #3 Van Halen
                            #4 Rising force..

chronilogical order..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'll take it Bill.

Done.

Mike

Comment

i like blues, fukkin' love Motown, sinatra, disco, hard rock, top 40, i steal from them all. I love music. period.

Comment

Working...
                                X