How I spent my summer vacation..NGW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I spent my summer vacation..NGW

Well, I just got in last night from doing my first round of campuses for the National Guitar Workshop (NGW). It was one of the most satifying experiences of my entire life!
    Everyone on staff was great. Absolutely NO EGOS! Who woulda thought that all that talent could assemble in one location and get along?!?!?! Everyone was extremely talented and competent and friendly. The students was phenomenal as well!
    In Virginia at the Madeira School, the location was beautifully set on the banks of the Potomac. I had the Rock 3/4 students and these kids wailed! They soaked it up like sponges. Octave patterns, string skipping, sweeping, tapping..you name it..and they just couldn't get enough.
    In Nashville/Murfreesboro it was more of the same. Great kids..no egos..no problems..you got to see a group of people from diverse backgrounds and different geography come together and not only learn, but establish friendships and commune over music. Experiences that could have only happened and brought them together in these very unique and wonderful settings. For me, this coming together was what defined the very essence of what these workshops are about.
    And just like Namm..after hours it was all about the hang. So many gifted and varied stylist/musicians sharing and talking and jamming and laughing..and laughing..and laughing..I can honestly say that I am more complete and I came away changed so much for the better for having been given the chance to participate in this.
    I'd like to extend a HUGE public THANK YOU to Matt Smith for all that he's done in being instrumental in helping get to this place in my life and in my career. He truly practices "pay it forward" on a daily and hourly basis. A truly beautiful human being.
    All of the workshop faculty: Matt Smith, Scott Smith, Jodi Fisher, Michael Hawley, Jimmy Way, Will Ray, Johnny Hilland, Brent Mason, the "Big Guy" David Smolover and everyone else was just top drawer people to deal with on this.
    I did have one snag coming through South Carolina..hit a horrible rainstorm and had to navigate the entire state at about 40 mph with wipers and hazards on in about a foot of water at the latest hour of night but it was a small price to pay for the experience and the memories I got in exchange.
    I gotta do three tapings this weekend and just picked my charts up this morning..so by Sunday, I'm sure I'll be good and spent..but again..a very small price to pay.
    To anyone out there considering attending a NGW campus in the future or taking part in the Workshop Live! video/online lessons..DO IT..you be thankful you did. You'll leave having grown in so many different directions.
    Kevin (JackButler)
    DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author
    www.myspace.com/intellishred
    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS
Working...
X